Author Topic: facial issues  (Read 3415 times)

reg

facial issues
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:51:51 am »
i was just messaging my face in bed and thinking about the facial numbness or whatever it is (i know its very confusing) and i held my finger under one nostril  (GOOD SIDE) and i breath normal i did the same the other one (AN SIDE) and it felt as if i were stuffed up seems as if though an side swollen but not from my appearance is it noticeable.  went to an accupunturence and she said my nerves were inflamed, she prescribed natural herb pills that were vvvery expensive took them for 30 days, still feel the same, ive posted before that all faciaal muscles work fine just feels like im on a permenant dose of noviciane. now with this new revolution it seems like my sinuses are inflamed.  ? does any body else have this weird feeling
4.5 cm retro surgical removal dec 06

mk

Re: facial issues
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:02:52 am »
Oh, yes, I have had this as well. Very weird, but I eventually asked my ENT and he confirmed my suspicion that because my eye is very dry and all these systems communicate, it affects the nose too. It feels crusty and very dry and often stuffed. For me it is even more annoying, because I also have allergic rhinnitis. So the left side (non AN) nostril drips like crazy, while the right side is dry.
I have dealt with this successfully with a lubricating gel initially, and now with a lubricating spray (containing a natural ingredient, hyaluronic acid). It is available over the counter. I make sure to use it at least once daily, before going to bed.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

reg

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:12:51 am »
i, too have conjunctive rihnitis, thanks for reply, what the name of spray?

mk

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »
Here in Canada it goes by the name NasoGel, by Neil Med. The description if "Gel spray for dry noses". It is made in California, so I assume it is available in the States. There are some other products too, but I found this to be the most soothing.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

reg

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:38:46 am »
 :)thanks from canada, in north carolina and its 105 degrees for the next ew days after that i will check with phamacist when i go out the house :-\ :-\

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 12:43:21 pm »
Hi Reg - if you put your index finger next to the AN side nostril , push out & up towards your eye, does your sinus open up? I wear breath right strips every night & I breathe beautifully on both sides!
I hope with time this will subside for you, it won't for me due to right sided facial paralysis. When the 'clogged' sinus bothers me during the day, I just open up my sinus the way I explained!
Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis