Author Topic: Just got my Cros this afternoon and am very happy  (Read 6285 times)

Mei Mei

Just got my Cros this afternoon and am very happy
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:55 pm »
Hi All,
I just got my CROS with Wire this afternoon from my audiologist Dr. Zolt, this afternoon.   I can't tell you how happy I am with the result.  I can hear the music in the care radio and listen to friends in the car passenger seat.   You won't go wrong with the Cros.   Since I asked for  ros with wire, he couldn't use the wireless Phonak and used the Oticon and not the Phonak.   I specified that I wanted the hearing device to be with wire and NOT wireless.   I am backing off from wireless because of the radiation exposure.   The audiologist said it was funny that the patients  get radiation even after an Acoustic Neuroma.  So I am very happy to have a device that doesnot' present radiation t my head and is radiation free.

I am very happy with the result.  I can hear from my surgical side and can hear all from the surgical side.

I highly recommend the Cros devic with the Oticon aide.  I f I went for the wireless version he could have given me the Phonak, but I want to go Wirefree and so I must choose Oticon which is fine with me.

Hope you all are fine with Cros hear aides.

The price was $1350 and $300 for the aide with a total of $1550.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

LizAN

Re: Just got my Cros this afternoon and am very happy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:48 pm »
Awesome news, Mei Mei!  I'm happy for you!

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:42 am »
I'm meeting with the audiologist this Friday to discuss getting the Phonak CROS. I'm a little over six weeks out of translab surgery and am SOO excited I can finally start looking into hearing aid options! I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience so far, Mei Mei.  :) I'm hoping for similar results!
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

kixit

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:49:38 am »
Manders-

Please post what you find out. I am currently in my first appeals with Anthem for the BAHA. If that doesn't pan out (after exhausting all of the appeals processes) I will probably end up with a cros or something like it. I chose BAHA because of the great reviews and from the great experiences by people on this forum.
left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:57 am »
Congratulations, Mei Mei!

I'm so happy that you have found the solution that works best for you  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:49:47 pm »
Mei Mei ~

I'm delighted to learn that you've found a hearing device that fits your needs and requirements.  Enjoy!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:23:37 pm »
Dear All,
Thank you for sharing my happiness with me.   I was so excited about getting what I really wanted.   The primary item that was of the utmost importance to me was no WIFI so that I Don't lose the hearing in my good ear, that is preservation of hearing.   The audiologist agreed.   He said they make these devices with WIFI and give them to patients that is already vulnerable to WIFI.    He was going to give me a Phonak until I said I wanted a wire and no WIFI.    That brought me over to the Oticon and it's working beautiful with no wifi.
THe cost was $1250 for the Oticon and $300 for the CROS Mic.     I feel good that I am making healthy choices about the rest of my life.
In good health and good hearing,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 07:49:40 pm »
Mei Mei, I am so very happy for you. I hope this continues to work really well for you.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Mei Mei

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:36 pm »
Thanks as always, Tod.    I had a big dinner meeting in a noisy restaurant and heard the woman next to me with no problem.    The audiologist said he is concerned about preserving my good ear so he didn't turn up the volume too much.   I was thankful for that.

Someone here on the thread said that she couldn't get the BAHA and would have to settle for the CROS.   I really don't feel deprived for not getting the BAHA and am very comfortable with the CROS and no WIFI in my noggin.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo