Author Topic: I'm Being Anointed  (Read 3693 times)

lrobie

I'm Being Anointed
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:41:07 am »
At church on Sunday, my sister-in-law requested prayers for my upcoming surgery.  Afterwards, our pastor came to me and asked me if I would like to be anointed.  I agreed and will have this done on July 8th before we leave for Los Angeles.  This will give me added reassurance that I am not doing this alone.  Just knowing this makes some of the jitters less intense.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: I'm Being Anointed
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »
Good for you Lisa,

Belief that God is on your side always helps as you go forward into surgery! For with God on your side, your puny little AN doesn't stand a chance. Before my procedure, (which was GK) I went to church and was blessed by the priest, it gave me comfort and the peace I needed. Hope to see you on the other side of this adventure that we all go through speeding on the road to recovery.

Take it easy on yourself before surgery rest when you can and don't worry, you have made the right decisions for yourself. May I make an additional recommendation? That you get into a regular meditation for just a few minutes every day. I have found this extremely helpful. I practiced the I AM meditation by Dr. Wayne Dyer. You have to imagine yourself Healed and you will be. I felt lifted as if by prayer, you will be too. I know it. May the road be as smooth for you as it was for me. Say it over and over to yourself "I AM HEALED".

God will make it happen!

Godspeed!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Lou

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »
Good for you, if you believe it will help.
I was baptized before I flew to England, having that affirmation made all of the difference to me. I know it isn't for every one, but for us, it obviously is

Peace be with you
Lou x
''The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be''

Bilateral facial nerve neuromas
8mm left side and 7mm right side. diagnosed late 2011.Watch and Wait Staus -  Currently at
the mercy of the English NHS system

New girl

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:47:36 pm »
Best wishes on your surgery Lisa.  Hang on - you are almost there!
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »
Lisa ~

For believers, prayers and other manifestations of our faith are very beneficial to helping us maintain a positive attitude as we approach surgery or radiation.  I didn't request it but our minister and four church Elders were at the hospital to pray with me and my wife moments prior to my being wheeled into surgery.  These good men were up before dawn and drove a 60-mile round trip to do this.  I was certainly grateful, honored and, most importantly, my spirits were definitely lifted, as I'm sure yours will be after your anointing. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

It is what it is

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 09:44:26 pm »
You will be supported in multiple ways as we ANers and your church community, friends and family surround you with thoughts and prayers. 

I know you posted your Caring Bridge site but I picked the email up at work and now can't find it.  Would you mind sending it to me? 

Thanks

karen

(karen, had to remove your personal email address but folks can contact you here via PM/email to share the info. Thanks for understanding. Phyl)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:11:38 am by ppearl214 »
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 08:12:54 am »
Regardless of faith that one believes, as we have many here of different faiths, it is good to know that faith is what helps to carry us through during these times.  Here are healing hugglez and wishes to you for your upcoming surgery. We're cheering you on.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brewers7

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:22:28 am »
wonderful
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010