Author Topic: Balance nerve removed  (Read 9262 times)

kaykay

Re: Balance nerve removed
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 10:45:19 am »
i had my balance nerve removed......for the longest time i seemed to walk with my head tilted and walking like im riding a horse(legs far apart).
i went for therapy for about 3 months...got to were i felt i can continue on my own...(and also not risk driving afterwards)
jeesh...i just realized my anniversary was last weekend... 10/13...i believe 2009. i'll have to recheck. (i swear i have brain damage. i dont remember dates..or stuff i did the day before. :)
anyways..i usually get headaches to the point it effects my balance...tylenol doesnt work...I use walgreen's migraine. sometimes they can last up to 3 days...on and off. my surgery side feels like its going to blow off from all the pressure inside...and i get bad neck cramps.
during the summer i actually tried to ride a bike. i got about 10ft and stopped...but i havent tried an actually bike ride.
i have days that i feel totally normal, can move my head side to side without feeling im going to fall over..........then i have days where i feel like im starting all over again.
figure all we can do is keep pushing ourselves..on the good days, try to do everything you can!...then when you have a bad day, just lay down and wait for it to pass.
i have realized since my surgery, no one thinks im different...so when it comes to doing things...i have to still do them on my own. kinda sucks, but thats life. and in a way its good......cuz if you sit on your couch and not push yourself, its just going to get worse...
sorry to babble...just excited to finally have time to get back on this website. :) this is the only place i know other people feel the same way i do. :)
love love