Author Topic: Post op followup  (Read 2168 times)

madison

Post op followup
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:22 am »
Hi! I had my 1month followup to my translab surgery today. Everything is going well the dr said my eye is closed more and the sensations  in my face could be the regeneration of the facial nerve. I've been having tingling,and my tongue has the feeling like "pop rocks" and my lip gets a bee sting feeling occasionally.  I have to get a 6 month MRI and see him.  I hope things improve somewhat by then, because I might be scheduling another surgery with him to remove a meningioma that has gotten quite large. Is there ever any end? Healthy people realljy have no idea how lucky they are.
I think I'm taking it all pretty well, since I have had health problems more than half of my life now.it really puts things in perspective. Just today I drank without a straw at the water cooler and also swished some iced tea in my mouth successfully. My husband said it's the little accomplishments and it's so true. I hope someday I can eat a hoagie without cutting it up or not have stain remover stockpiled...as well as eye lubricant!thank you to everyone for being there to relate to and I look forward to reading your posts and welcome any comments or stories. Thanks!
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Post op followup
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:35:07 pm »
Madison ~

Congratulations on your healing progress!  I agree with your husband that it's the small accomplishments ('victories') that keep us going.  You certainly are handling your health issues with a composure that is admirable.  Keep looking to the future and the end of your present limitations because things do get better.  Honest.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »
Hi Madison!! So glad to hear things are starting to come alive there!  So sorry you've had a lot of medical issues over the years, it's just amazing you still sound so positive about it all! Keep it going, you are an inspiration to us all!  Keep us updated on how your meningioma issue is progressing. Take care and stay in touch!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

It is what it is

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:42:00 am »
You have really been through a lot in your life!  I agree with the above posts that you are an inspiration.  My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you for on-going healing and health.  In the meantime, I wish you peace.

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

wwarr

• Attitude is everything =)
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »
I  ”dito” all the above comments.  What an amazing attitude you have!  The way you are coping and facing your health challenges is so amazing and admirable.  What a great example.  I am sorry for all the trials you are facing in life but please know you travel them not alone.  It is the little things in life that bring us the most joy.  Those accomplishments we make that keep us going.  Keep up the faith.
Wishing you the very best  ;)
Wendy
4 mm x 8 mm 12/08
1.4 cm rt. AN middle fossa on 7/23/10
hearing and facial nerve preserved. Grateful for brilliant surgeons Dr. Friedman/ Dr. Schwartz @ HEI in LA, CA.

post op chronic headaches
”Faith in every footstep...let go and let God”