Author Topic: Headaches after middle fossa surgery  (Read 2612 times)

BobH

Headaches after middle fossa surgery
« on: August 19, 2006, 08:33:22 am »
Hi - new to the board.  I had middle fossa surgery on July 18 (House Ear Clinic.  Brackmann/Hitselberger).  I've been on steroids (Prednisone) up until a week ago.  I felt great while I was taking the steroids, but as soon as I stopped I began experiencing headaches every morning.  They aren't severe, but bad enough to be annoying and interfere with daily life.  Did anyone else experience these, and did they get better or worse with time?  (I'm doing pretty well with balance, dizziness, facial nerve, etc.)  Thanks for any info.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Headaches after middle fossa surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:15:10 am »
Welcome!!  Sounds like your doing pretty good so soon post op.  Everyone is different you will find in reading the posts on this board. I had middle fossa Sept 29. 2004 and live with dibilitating headaches. Yours sound like they may still be at the surgery site. Are you laying on that side of your head when you sleep? I still have great pain in the morning on the surgery site if I have been laying on it, along wtih lots of other head pain. If it's pain associated with the healing process, perhaps it wil lsusbside. Praying for you that it does.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 11:25:25 am »
Bob,
The best place to start for help with your morning headaches is to contact your surgeon and tell him about them. There is also a lot on information in the AN archive (don't know the webaddy for this just google it) For most folks they just go away as you heal. Some of us aren't so lucky, but I don't want to scare you!  Also, believe it or not, there is a greater occurrence of post-op headache in people with smaller tumors. Go figger. You can post your particulars by going to your profile and under "modify profile" you will find a box that says "signature." That's where we put all the "junk" about us that you see at the bottom of each post.
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Desilu

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 12:28:32 pm »
Hi Bob,

You may be just going through the healing process. I had the same doctors that you did. I was told that when I came home if I had any headaches that I was to take Tylenol. Maybe your headaches were more severe than mine. I really didn't have too many headaches, my problem was dry eye! But in time, that cleared up also. If I can help in any way, please email me. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger