Author Topic: Prominent Perivascular Spaces post gamma knife on same side as AN  (Read 3049 times)

Dee-dee

Does anyone out there have this on their MRI report post gamma knife and what does it mean?  Thanks.
2.3 cm AN.   Hearing loss and other symptoms. Gamma knife 2011.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Prominent Perivascular Spaces post gamma knife on same side as AN
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:12:48 pm »
Dee-Dee ~

'Perivascular' refers to the tissue surrounding blood vessels.  Apparently, your MRI results indicated very visible ('prominent') space around those vessels. 

This doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about but of course, your doctor is the person who can best explain this observation. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Dee-dee

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 03:48:12 pm »
Thanks Jim.
2.3 cm AN.   Hearing loss and other symptoms. Gamma knife 2011.

miltonpool

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:50 am »
Dee-dee  I see that you had the gamma knife.  I would like to know your experience with it.  I had mine over two years ago.  My first symptoms were loss of hearing and when I visited a Dr. he had me do an MRI and found my neuroma.  We waited a couple of years and he recommended the gamma knife.  I was not experiencing any of the symptoms others did just the loss of hearing.  About three months after the surgery I began having problems of loss of balance, empty ear feeling, echo in my hear and feeling poorly.  My Dr.s could not explain why it happened after the surgery.  I believe the neuroma might have swelled up before it died and caused my problems. MRIs show it is not growing or srinking.  My Dr. has left surgery up to me but I am afraid I will loose total hearing in the ear.  I have decreased hearing in the other ear.  If you have the same problems I would like to hear what you are doing about it.  milton79109@yahoo.com   thanks milton pool 806 352 0193