Author Topic: Surgery Date tomorrow just got my time  (Read 5444 times)

debraclark

Surgery Date tomorrow just got my time
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:23:56 pm »
Well got the call from the hospital have to be there at 5:30 AM, surgery to follow at 6:30 or 7:00 AM. Thank you all for your support and advice. Going to get my daughter to do an update afterwards.
New Jersey- Female- 54
Self Diagnosed July 6, 2012
Officially Diagnosed August 16, 2012      3CM AN
Surgery at Jefferson Neuroscience Sept. 25, 2012
Removed 99.9% of tumor-10 hour surgery-Retrosigmoid

It is what it is

Re: Surgery Date tomorrow just got my time
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:33:57 pm »
My thoughts are with you.  I'll be reading the updates your daughter posts.  You will soon be a postie!!!!

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jenichol

• Fear not, for I Am with you - Isaiah 41:10
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »
I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.  See you on the postie side. 

Jan
48 yo female --3+cm right sided AN. Retro sig removal 6-22-12 at UVA.  SSD right ear.  HA.  Constant Loud Tinnitus. Fullness. Imbalance.

cindyjarrett

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:30:24 am »
Debra,

Praying for you.  Hope all goes well.
Diagnosed 8/9/12 with an on left side
19 mm x 17 mm x 13 mm
tinnitus with high pitch hearing loss
Will have gammaknife at UVA with Dr. Sheehan on 10/12/12
Trusting in God

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 01:08:13 pm »
Darn, missed posting before your surgery (I must have been off eating birthday cake).

Hope things went well and that you have a swift, uneventful recovery.  See you soon as a postie!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

millie

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 03:35:46 pm »
Praying...Millie

It is what it is

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »
Any update?  How are you????

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

debraclark

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:38:20 am »
Hi, sorry have not updated sooner. I had my surgery on the 25th of september, they sent me home on the 27th in the afternoon. I went to Jefferson Neuroscience in Phila and they were just wonderful to me. I initially had a 10 hour surgery the 25th, spent the night and part of another day in ICU. Then was put into a regular room for the rest of the day, spent the night and most of the next day then they sent me home. They said I was doing very well, and that home is a much better place to recuperate because you are not exposed to so many germs other than your own. I had an in  home health nurse come in to check on me several times for incision etc. They just discharged me. I went to Neurosurgeon last wednesday the 10th of October and had my staples taken out (retrosigmoid). Hurt more than I thought, and unfortunately scared my other half afterwards because after the nurse took out the staples and left the room before the doc came in the room started spinning and I must have fainted, cause I ended up waking up? But I felt better. My doctor said happens sometimes, lucky me =) Anyway he said I am doing fine, I go to see my Ear, Nose N Throat Surgeon this coming wednesday and start Outpatient Balance Therapy on Thursday the 18th. So taking my time, getting plenty of rest and care from my family. (Yes I am be having and I am letting them take care of me =) And I am taking it one day at a time, I am on another short regime of steriods for headache and facial para. Per my surgeon my nerve should be just fine in time. They got 99.9 percent of tumor, left a tiny sliver on my facial nerve so would not have permanent para. I am deaf in the right ear but can deal with that, still have the ringing in my ear but you start to get used to it after a while cause I had it before surgery also. Will keep you posted. I don't come on line much yet too much on the eyes, but soon. Take care everyone and all the best to newbies, posties etc. Your kind words, and prayers definitely made a difference. Thank god , my family, my friends and aquaintances for helping me through and still being there for me during all this.
New Jersey- Female- 54
Self Diagnosed July 6, 2012
Officially Diagnosed August 16, 2012      3CM AN
Surgery at Jefferson Neuroscience Sept. 25, 2012
Removed 99.9% of tumor-10 hour surgery-Retrosigmoid

It is what it is

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 06:54:14 am »
Thank you for your update and welcome to the world of the posties.  :)

Karen

Pattiken

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:24:38 pm »
So good to hear you are doing well!  Keep up your strength and enjoy being taken care of -)

Patti

millie

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »
Thank you for the update, Debra- I appreciate the info as I have surgery this coming Wednesday and your sharing is such a help.I pray you have a strong recovery