Author Topic: Rehabilitation and Vocational Training  (Read 2084 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Rehabilitation and Vocational Training
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:03:17 pm »
My therapist recommended I try getting services from Rehab abd Vocational training.  I felt very daring today so I called.  Someone told me that someone else would call me back, but they were busy right then.  I got a call back and basically was told to stay in therapy because everything that was wrong with me could be worked out through therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!  I told her the kinds of jobs I used to do and what my background was and she asked how much $$ my husband makes and as soon as I told her, I wasn't qualified.  I pressed on, I figure with all the meds, transporatation and copays I surely would qualify for something!  My PT is almost $500.00 per week (my share).  She basically said I could take out a loan against my home or cash in retirement funds to pay for anything I needed!!  She said that just because I have no balance and loud noises bother me and I have anxiety and panic attacks and the State won't allow me to drive after dark, it is all in my head!!  I very affectively told her that I wished in was in her head!  I also recommended that she learn what an AN was and possibly, if she knew how to read to read this board.  My head feels like it is going to explode. :-\  I had to share.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT