Author Topic: Pretty sure I have an AN...  (Read 7879 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Pretty sure I have an AN...
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »
Dear Miltoney,

I want to echo what MK has said here. It would be appropriate for the doctor to at least explain to you (by phone) his change of heart. It maybe that he is just being cautious and wants to rule something out, but there is a reason behind everything, it seems that he/she owes you a verbal explanation. Before you assume that it is just that he wants to add office visits to your bill, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Request a call back.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

miltoney

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »
I was just kinda kidding about the office visit comment, had a really bad day yesterday and was a little ugly...I'm assuming that bill will be greatly discounted for insurance, I hope.

And I really don't mind trying the regime for a month. Yes I would defenitely rather get an mri and possibly end the wondering, but I do realize that unnecessary mri's must be avoided for the good of everyone as far as healthcare costs go. A month in the grand scheme of things is not long. Besides, I have already benefitted from it by analyzing the sodium in my diet. I thought I was doing good and wouldn't need to change much...ya right!

miltoney

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 06:24:21 pm »
Well I am getting an mri on Friday, the Dr. has pretty much ruled out meniere's disease. After a month on the low salt diet with diuretic, there was no improvement in my right ear, and now my left ear is showing a sudden low frequency hearing loss that I hadn't even noticed.

Is a brain mri any different from a back one? I mean, does my head have to go in any contraptions? I don't mind the tube, just want to know what to expect...

opp2

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 06:54:53 pm »
Your head will be held stable in a brace. You will be given a plastic bulb thing to hold onto incase you need something you can squeeze it, but they want you to stay still the entire time you're in there. The best mri I ever had was in the US. Piped in music, nice warm blanket...it was great.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

It is what it is

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »
Congratulations for continuing to research, ask questions, and pursue what your wisdom is suggesting you do.  Please let us know about the MRI results.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.