Author Topic: Quick check in!  (Read 1820 times)

Silver Sonnet

Quick check in!
« on: November 09, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to all you ANers :)  I had post-sig surgery 16 months ago to remove a cystic 3.5 CM tumor.  Balance problems have almost completely resolved, and in many ways, my life is much better than it was pre-surgery.  The only ongoing problems I have (other than being SSD) are head and neck aches, and I'm hoping there's a magic point somewhere in the not-too-distant future where those will go away, too.

All in all, this condition doesn't have to ruin your life :)

It is what it is

Re: Quick check in!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 11:57:57 am »
Glad to hear you are doing so well!  :)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:29:09 pm »
SS ~

Hi.  Thanks for the positive update as well as your past contributions to the ANA discussion forums.  I trust you'll continue to find improvement as you recover.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

millie

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:18 pm »
Glad to read you are doing well, Silver Sonnet.  I went back to read your former posts to get a better idea of your an experience.  That your balance issues have resolved gives me great hope.  And the feeling of fullness in the head....that it goes away is also something I hope for.  I don't mind the SSD either...in fact, I look forward to a time I have progressed enough to think about a Soundbite or some other hearing device.
Thanks again for sharing...Millie