Author Topic: Radiation treatment  (Read 1726 times)

lkdowell1

• You only live life once, make memories for others
Radiation treatment
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:44:14 pm »
I have received 5 separate days of radiation. Now it's a wait and see. I feel tired and have no feelings of happiness or hope. I was already depressed for several years.  My tinnitus is noticeable all the time. I have to be careful not make sudden head turns or I get dizzy. Great oncology radiation team treated me.  Tumor size 17x9x9. June 2012 diagnosed.
Dx 7/11/12 AN 17x9x9, SRS12/12, loss of hearing to mod severe 4/14, few dark spots in tumor no size change. Moderate severe tinnitus, balance issues and horizontal vertigo

millie

Re: Radiation treatment
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »
I know how  you feel...  I had the surgery, not radiation, and I think I expected immediate improvement. Some days I see no progress at all, but I know I am better than two months ago...but I have  some facial palsy(improved by about 50%) the hearing loss and the eye that doesn't blink as much as the good eye, and the  fullheadedness.    I have to remind myself to be patient and hopeful.  To take one day at a time.  Baby steps.  Praying for and with you.  Millie

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
Re: Radiation treatment
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:19:01 pm »
i agree with Millie. this sint going to be better all at once in some cases it takes quite awhile.

i had the surgery option. radiation wasnt something i wanted to do.

i still have tinnitis on An side. My ENT said it more then likely will always be over there. Me and it kinda co exist today  lol......

hang in there ................and remember it could get better just as much as the other way.......
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here