Author Topic: My first MRI this Saturday  (Read 7506 times)

morrell

Re: My first MRI this Saturday
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
Had my MRI with contrast today.  First scan of 4.5 minutes was without contrast and the next two with contrast and seemed to be about the same time length (I was not told how long they would be).  I'm pleased to say it's now 8 hours after the scan and I have had none of the issues a few others have had with the contrast injection and I'm now on the long wait of about 10 days to find out what the report says.

I asked for a copy of the scans on CD and after a wait of about an hour and being charged £10, I'm now viewing them and can't see anything that resembles what I can see on Google images.  Does anyone know what the diifering numbers mean such as:-
MR:t1_se_tra-3mm-fat sat+gad  SP: 5.5mm
MR:t1_se_cor-3mm-fat sat+gad  SP: -40.mm

Regards to you all.

morrell

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 03:59:51 am »
I just could not wait the 10 days for the official report and so paid $25 to have a second opinion.  The layman's report which I also asked for reads:-

There is not a mass lesion on any images (no acoustic neuroma, shwannoma or chordoma etc).
There is currently no inflammation in your left mastoid.
The left inner ear may have been damaged during the radicle mastoidectomy performed in 1974 and I recommend further investigation of the temporal bone using HRCT.

Hopefully the official report will confirm this finding and I will let you all know when I have it to hand.

Regards to you all.

It is what it is

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:24 am »
It's great no tumors were found!  I hope there is something that can be done with what was found.  Thanks for sharing. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 03:50:44 pm »
Keith ~

Thanks for sharing the good news - no AN!  I'm sure the official report will coincide with what you now have in hand.  Thanks for the update.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

millie

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2012, 08:31:41 pm »
Good news!