Author Topic: eye makeup  (Read 2682 times)

Karen

eye makeup
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:31:58 pm »
what typeof eye make=up do women with facial paralysis wear?  I am constantly wiping my eye from the drops Iput in.  I would like to find a liner that will stay on.    any ideas
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

PamJ

Re: eye makeup
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:23:05 am »
If you find some Karen please let me know I've not been able to wear eye make-up for 20 months for the same reason
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery

Brewers7

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »
I have struggled with liner too.  A dark shadow seems to stay on better.  Cover Girl Outlast (lip stain) has helped me keep lips more symmetrical.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

New girl

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »
I have found that Kat Von D's tattoo liner is the best I have ever used.  It is water resistant and is packaged like a thin marker so you draw it on.  I luckily dont have any paralysis but have oily skin so I have always had issues keeping eyeliner on. You can get it from Sephora for $18.
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:59:19 pm »
I more or less gave up on make-up, continually pulling crap outta my eye and it made it so sore.....no to mention the make-up remover! I basicaaly only use it for "special" days now!
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

millie

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:10 pm »
The liner from Sephora in the previous post sounds like something to try. Now that there is a little more life in my left lid, I draw a thin black line with an Estee Lauder pencil-it helps but it does fade during the day due to tears and drops.
 I have not been using mascara.  After two months, I started experimenting with shadows and I put a light cream color  or whitey pink one on my lid, then a darker one (a taupe, a purply blue, a mossy green) where my socket started just beyond the lid-and it worked well at camouflaging the left eye. Now it is three months post trans-lab, and my left eye is blinking more fully and  in sync with my right.  Same makeup, eyes are more similar, but the drops will wear off any makeup after a couple hours
  The Covergirl lipstain lasts at least twelve hours. I try enhancing it by using a lip pencil first i although early on you have to work a little harder at outlining the lips. Then I apply a creamy lipstick all day-if I remember to.
I  think putting on a little foundation and blush and shadow and lipstick definitely make us feel and look better!
Go for it, girls!