Author Topic: Surgery February 11..and so emotional  (Read 6778 times)

neetze1

Re: Surgery February 11..and so emotional
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 02:59:10 am »
Good luck with your surgery.  I can so understand  your anxiety as I am up at 3:50 am and have been up for an hour now not sleeping over this decision.  Mine is slightly larger (2.4x 3.4cc).  I have to decide between two different procedures and whether or not to go to Philadelphia or California.  I have a severe case of "what if's."   I have a hard time making simple decisions like what color to paint the wall or which carpet to pick!  How to choose who to put a hole in your head is overwhelming! 
Well I wish you all the best.  Good luck!
Anita
South Jersey
Translab 3/20/13 at HEI for 3.5 centimeter
Dr. Luxford, Dr. Lekovic, Dr. Stefan

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »
Dear Elizabeth'

Prayers for you on your final weekend with your AN completely intact.Try to sleep....pray till you sleep...if you wake begin the whole process again... May you obtain some measure of relief from the pain on Monday after the surgery. You are extremely brave! Your life will be changed, more silent, I hope and different. I invite you to write us about it in the post op section of the ANA site. If I had known about this section and how beneficial it is to blog about it, why I would be a whole lot more experienced than I am now. I have written a section where I detail my experiences post radiation, I found it most therapeutic.

This whole process can take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months to readjust to........so have patience with yourself and your close family members and remember we are all here for you (on the ANA forum).....go boldly and let your fear melt away into relief!

You have made some good choices, now let the docs do their work and you get to healin' would ya?

Let go and Let God!

I'll be looking for your post op report when you can! Use us, that's what we're here for!

Your Friend,

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

ramirezjrj

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 01:57:55 am »
I just had the surgery 14 days ago.  Like you I was driving myself crazy thinking of the procedure and all the "what if's.   Ive been a RN with 25 yrs exp in critical care and emergency care.  So I knew all the things that can go wrong with such a procedure.  What I forgot was all the things that go right in the hospital.  You are going to have a nurses who will be with you throughout your  procedure. They will care for you, they will watch over you, pay attention to every detail of your care.  Your job is to trust in the people caring for you and let your mind relax and allow your body and soul to guide you.   Once I realized that the trust that patients and family had in with as a nurse, I needed to have that same trust as the patient.    A little anxiety is normal and prob good, but don't allow that to determine  your out come.  I give you my word as  a nurse.  We will be at your side the whole way through. 

Best wishes. 
Left sided AN, diag in 2011
surgery on 01/23/2013, Methodist Hospital
tumor 2.4cm,  No hearing on left side

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 06:46:07 pm »
Dear ramirezjrj, thanks for such encouraging words.  It was just what i needed to hear.  I am having surgery on March 14th and your words made a lot of sense and meant a lot to me.  I've heard a lot of good things of the hospital I am going to and I know that they will take good care of me.  I hope your recovery is going well.
Kathy