Author Topic: Titanium Mesh Surgery  (Read 1997 times)

Mei Mei

Titanium Mesh Surgery
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »
Dear All,
I just looked at my last post and saw that I was way off, cognitively.    This is the problem that my daughter doesn't want me alone in her house or let me in her car or take her children in my car as she used to before.   Before, I would watch my grandchildren while they were at conferences.    Now there is little contact and I really miss my grandchildren as they are so precious to me.

On May 30th I am going to see a microsurgery doctor at Stanford.    I don't know this doctor and just picked him because he is at Stanford and does degenerative disc disease and microsurgery.   I really don't know what I am doing and don't know where to begin to make a decision.

back in 2009, I had four opinnions and went with Dr. Niparko at Johns Hopkins because he said I was in danger of having a stroke because of my AN.   That was an unbelieveable scare tactic.    I went with him and will never be the same again because of this.

I also have a genetic disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and vocal cord paralysis.   I don't know if I should go with Stanford or with the EDS doctor here in a smally hospital without any residents.   My problem with residents is that my vocal cords which are now paralyzed are because  a resident at Georgetown was permitted to operate on my and took the  wrong disc only to discover that this happened and they had to go back and take the right disc.   The recovery was difficult and not even complete.   The problem is that my daughters and son in law think I have an unstable problem and limit me from my beloved grandchildren.   I understand their side but I really won't hurt my grandchildren.   I'm so torn and sad.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Titanium Mesh Surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »
Mei Mei,

I hope this works out for you and brings you some much needed relief.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Mei Mei

Re: Titanium Mesh Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 04:58:36 pm »
Well here I am home in Maryland and the Stanford doctor had nothing to offer but said the Maryland docs were incorrect.   I have an appt with  Dr. Tew on July 8th.   From now until then, don't know what to do.   Do I live the rest of my lifer with this pain on the side of my skkull and my neck and shoulder?
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh