Author Topic: A Post-Op Neuroma  (Read 1855 times)

chance1212

A Post-Op Neuroma
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:48:53 pm »
I am almost 7 months translab post-op. For the most part, everything has gone well for me. Then this weekend the incision area becomes painful to touch, a sort of burning sensation along with the feeling of tightness/pressure that was long gone, and just general discomfort where the surgery took place. According to the doctors at Vanderbilt, I more than likely have a neuroma that have formed. This is hopefully temporary but may not be. I've read on this forum about people experiencing on/off tenderness, but I've never heard of it being caused by a neuroma. I've never heard of neuromas prior to having an acoustic neuroma.  ???
6mm 08/11;   lost hearing by 10/11 & tinnitus;  growth shown 02/12;  more growth-now 1.2 cm 08/12;  Translab @ Vanderbilt Haynes/Thompson  11/13/12
J. Hildebrandt

RachelSta

Re: A Post-Op Neuroma
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:38:36 am »
Could they have possibly said a hematoma and not neuroma? A neuroma is a tumor.a hematoma is a collection of blood outside thr bloud vessels below the skin. I have a hematoma near my abdominal incision from translab surgery. Swollen, painful to the touch, etc. hematomas will usually disperse on their own, but sometimes need to be drained.

chance1212

Re: A Post-Op Neuroma
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:50:58 am »
Good point. Anything is possible w/my hearing! It is something with the nerves. I noticed laying down that the pressure feeling I had long ago is back and that this feels like a cut--how a cut burns. I will check today when I make an appointment.
6mm 08/11;   lost hearing by 10/11 & tinnitus;  growth shown 02/12;  more growth-now 1.2 cm 08/12;  Translab @ Vanderbilt Haynes/Thompson  11/13/12
J. Hildebrandt