Author Topic: A list of which ANA forum member has had proton therapy, initial rough draft  (Read 2907 times)

KeepSmiling

• details about patient written by wife.
From what I could gather, here is a list of the ANA Forum Member Name and the Proton Therapy location. I did a Search, then I indicated Advanced Search) So far every member of ANA Forum that I have contacted has seemed receptive to dialogue. If you are considering Proton Therapy, you may want to contact these individuals.

1. Ferguson75205 ;Loma Linda California:
2. Skpg; University of Hampton, Virginia:
3. TSL; Mass General Hospital, Mass.
4.inMaine724; Mass Gen Hospital, Mass.
5. HJTRU; Unknown Proton Center
6. Ed; unknown center
This list is fluid and could contain errors. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:46:06 am by KeepSmiling »
12/O6/2O12: 1.5 cm lesion.Proton Therapy-July/Aug, 2013 Massachusetts General Hospital. 2/23/2018 MRI: 1. Small .5 cm x(AP) x .8 cm (TV) x .8 cm (CC )left intracanicular acoustic schwannoma) Completely deaf in one ear. Occasional tinnitus. Zero side effects.

KeepSmiling

• details about patient written by wife.
Just wanted to let you know that my loved one is going forward with Proton Therapy under the care of Dr. Jay Loeffler at Massachusetts General Hospital Proton Therapy Center. It was thankfully authorized by our Insurance after Dr. Loeffler submitted the appropriate documentation.  (Other Proton Therapy Centers tried but could not help us in this regard)

He had the markers or fiducials implanted.  As I understand,  it seems that Dr. Loeffler felt strongly that Proton Therapy is appropriate since the acoustic neuroma had some properties that would respond very well to Proton Therapy. There will be 30  Proton Therapy Treatments. 
Thanks for everything - thanks to all you outstanding people here at this excellent forum.  We appreciated the conversations we had with you about your treatments. It made a huge difference. Thanks so much -and keep smiling, ok? We'll update you when we can- not for awhile.
12/O6/2O12: 1.5 cm lesion.Proton Therapy-July/Aug, 2013 Massachusetts General Hospital. 2/23/2018 MRI: 1. Small .5 cm x(AP) x .8 cm (TV) x .8 cm (CC )left intracanicular acoustic schwannoma) Completely deaf in one ear. Occasional tinnitus. Zero side effects.

lholl36233

Add me to the list.  I had proton radiation with Dr. Loeffler in 2009 for a hemangioma.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great.  Love Dr. Loeffler...
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!