Author Topic: This forum was the first step to my road to recovery...just thank you.  (Read 3487 times)

MarlaB

• Administrator
I posted this “private message” on my Facebook status, on Facebook pages for the six AN groups I am proud to be part of.  I'm also posting it on the Acoustic Neuroma Association Member Forum.  And on my blog.  Because some of you have been with me since the beginning, and some of you I have only met since starting on this journey. 

I figure if you are reading this, then you are like me, a little voyeuristic (God I love spell-check.)

Through the ANA Forum (sgerrard and leapyrtwins), my CarePages, and the many Facebook Groups I have connected with since my diagnosis, I have been supported, and I hope, supportive. 

So, first of all, I want you, yes you, to know, that if you even considered coming to my book reading this week, I so appreciate you.  Even if you didn't, just by reading this right now means you are still with me on this journey, and I appreciate you. If you don't know what I'm talking about and want to know, ask me.

And when (and if) I look out into that sea of 10-20 faces (?) and I don't see you, I know you'll be with me.  And if there are faces in that sea that I don't recognize, I'll know they are there because your support and encouragement throughout brought me to this place.

Love.

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: This forum was the first step to my road to recovery...just thank you.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:16 am »
Our common affliction keeps us connected like a hive mind.

Though we cannot be together, we will never be apart.

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: This forum was the first step to my road to recovery...just thank you.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:37:55 pm »
To Marla,

Ditto what Jack said! It is truly comforting to know that once in 2004 when I discovered I had an AN (when I felt so alone on and on till 2012 February) from then on when I discovered this fantastic place, I have come to know firsthand the peace it can provide in the loving and caring responses that one receives if one is open to it.

Welcome Marla! If you find peace here, you are welcome to pay it forward during your recovery. Share with others your journey....

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!