Author Topic: Does CT scan detect AN  (Read 19036 times)

Tumbleweed

Re: Does CT scan detect AN
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
Assuming your dizziness is more or less constant and you're not referring to your intermittent vertigo attacks when you mention dizziness:
You could eliminate salt from your diet for a couple weeks (as long as you're not out in very hot weather, in which case you'll need the sodium intake) and see if the dizziness abates. You could also ask your doctor to prescribe a diuretic for you to take for a couple weeks while you're on the salt-free diet. If your dizziness abates or goes away, that would indicate possible Meniere's. But since you have no hearing loss, it's not clear what's going on with you. Full-blown Meniere's typically presents with hearing loss in the low (bass) frequencies.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

jtcdds

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 12:29:08 am »
I had a CT scan and it totally missed my 19mm AN. The CT report came back "normal." A subsequent MRI (non contrast) picked up the tumor.

BoedyGirl

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 08:38:54 pm »
Hi,

I am 24 years old and 5 months ago today I had a 5.4 cm AN tumor removed successfully and it was finally diagnosed with a CT scan. I had issues for years without realizing it and was so happy to finally have an answer. I did have a followup MRI the next morning that was able to confirm that it was a AN so I would go for that for sure.

Beth