Author Topic: Head Cold 5 months after surgery...  (Read 3166 times)

Derika

Head Cold 5 months after surgery...
« on: January 30, 2014, 01:35:16 pm »
Does anyone know of or can recommend anything to take for a head cold? I am 5 months out after Surgery (removed my right AN and balance nerve) I am always dizzy but have become more dizzy and sneezing hurts my head a great deal!! Today is day 1 and feel I should take something... I go on vacation in 1 week and will be flying. I hope that turns out well... *sigh* Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Derika

Pam Fraley

Re: Head Cold 5 months after surgery...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:50:13 pm »
Derika,

I always have something going on with my sinuses due to colds or allergies.  I take MucinexD and Zyrtec.  I buy the generic Zyrtec because it's cheaper.  I take these on a daily basis to control the situation.  If I feel really good and stop taking the meds I end up regretting it in a couple days because I'm back to where I was.

Good Luck and enjoy your vacation!!
6mmx4mm a/n (left IAC)
8-9mm meningioma (right cavernous sinus)
Diagnosed 2/5/2013 MRI
Wait & Watch -  Dr. Arts, University of Michigan
MRI scheduled for 10/22/2013
No change, continue w&w, repeat MRI in 6months

kcarloy

• Translab 12/11/13 at House
Re: Head Cold 5 months after surgery...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:48:20 pm »
My number one recommendation is pseudoephedrine. It helps decongest better than most other meds. Since people can use it to make illegal drugs (meth) in some states you have to ask for it from a pharmacist and show your license. You do not need a prescription. And there are many OTC meds that are called similar names that won't work as well. Also as an alternative use benedryl. Of course extra rest and fluids will help too!