Author Topic: Facial surgery  (Read 3336 times)

molly-charlie-68

Facial surgery
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:23:03 am »
Ive got permanent paralysis went plastic surgeon on thursday told me i can have cheek lift eyebrow slight lift and gold plate in eyelid has anyone had that done does it work well didnt want nerve put in sounded to scary might not work but gonna try other.
Thanks.

deborahgordon

Re: Facial surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:55:45 pm »
I have the eye weight in it does work great, but as far as how it will look when all swelling is gone I am not sure as I had it done 10 days ago and it still looks awful.  They are going to put a face sling  in after about 1 more month.  I was told this is very easy and will lift  my face for better speech and looks.  The doctor did not discuss regular face lift but I had heard of other AN members with the face sling and the eye weight as well.  Good luck with your decisions and recoveries too.  you will be in my prayers, Deborah
Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

alabamajane

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »
Hi,, sorry you are dealing with these issues.. I don't know how long ago you had surgery but some improvements will take time.. 12-18 months,,, I'm not a doctor but did have facial nerve severed during surgery 27 months ago so have been dealing with many of the same issues. I had the 12/7 nerve graft surgery 4 days after AN surgery. I had a gold eye weight implanted 4 days after surgery to enable eyelid to close. I was able to have it removed this past Oct. ,, after 2 yrs. I spoke with Dr about a brow lift at that time;however, have decided I don't need that as much as just upper eyelid lift just below brow. My face is pretty symmetric so never considered lift there. I also never considered facial sling. If you are not far from surgery, I personally would suggest the eyelid weight, either gold or platinum to protect your eye, and time, time, time for healing.. Best of luck to you in these decisions ,, if I can answer any other questions, you can PM me.. Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

PatSal

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:49 pm »
Had a platinum weight put in my eyelid in December.  Am now able to open and close eye.  Dr. talked about eyebrow lift but not for about six more months as I still have some facial paralysis and also synkinesis. Am allergic to nickel which is used in the gold eye weights so my Dr agreed not to use the gold and went platinum.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »
Hi Molly: re: facial paralysis: I had the T3 surgery by Dr. Patrick Byrne at Johns Hopkins - it took the 'droop' away!  great start.  I also have a platinum weight. The best addition was the scleral lens, which is amazing!! Dr. Ken Maller in Ft. Lauderdale Fl sized my lens & it keeps my eye moist during the day, I still use lubricant & an eye moisture bubble for sleep. This is quite a journey we are all on.  Thank God for the docs who can work their magic!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis