Author Topic: Chronic eye twitching/closing 12 yrs post-op  (Read 1938 times)

brandi42

Chronic eye twitching/closing 12 yrs post-op
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »
In the past two weeks I have experienced ongoing eye twitching and a very weak eye lid. I have never had this happen until now and I am 12 yrs post-op so I am concerned that this is a sign that the tumor may be back. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks! :)
Brandi
4cm Right AN Craniotomy April 2002, right side deafness, 4cm AN regrowth 2nd Craniotomy Sept 2002, Gamma knife Nov 2002, 11mm tumor remnant remains currently.
Barrow Neurological Institute. Dr. Spetzler

alabamajane

Re: Chronic eye twitching/closing 12 yrs post-op
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:27 pm »
Hi Brandi,
Wanted to acknowledge your post  and welcome you.

My first thought would be to contact your Dr. Of course as we aren't medical professionals and only offer our personal opinions and advice.  You do not mention if you are still having intermittent MRIs to check status of remnant,,, that may be something you would want to discuss with your Dr.

Seems little late for synkinesis to develop,, I had facial paralysis after my surgery in 2011 so I do have some eye twitching , which I recently had some Botox injections for and has helped calm it,, and I had a gold weight implant for 2 yrs which caused my eyelid to remain slightly closed; however, since removal of weight and the Botox, the eyelid is opening much wider again ..

Again, all this is probably much different than your situation ,, but I just wanted to offer comments and suggest consult with Dr. If it all continues,,especially if it has not been occurring in these past years.
Best of luck and I would imagine you will hear from others soon..
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26