Author Topic: Balance issues solved  (Read 2481 times)

Ned

Balance issues solved
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:37 am »
Had balance issues for years assuming it was all because of AN radiated in 2003. Discovered I had sleep apnea in Novemeber.  Ever since I started using CPAP NO balance issues.  Seems the sleep deprivation was the main reason for the severe balance problems.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Re: Balance issues solved
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:56:27 am »
Ned,

That's great! Tell me more. What is CPAP?

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Ned

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:05 am »
CPAP is a machine that forces air through a tube into a mask fitted to your face, continuous positive air pressure, I think.  This is prescribed to people that have sleep apnea.  I was diagnosed years ago with this disorder but could never get use to the mask and would remove it in the middle of the night. I disregarded the diagnosis but continued for years to have trouble sleeping, tired all the time, always taking naps etc. After 6 hospitalizations in six months for pneumonia, heart stint and atrial fib, the docs told me many of these problems may be a result of not treating my sleep apnea. There has been a new mask designed that is much easier to wear and started wearing in December and EVERYTHING changed.  Wonderful sleep, no tiredness, no more naps and no balance issues, ever. This was absolutely incredible because I had extreme balance problems. I use to have to walk with a cane many days, haven't picked one up since. I wanted to share this with others that might have sleep disorders and how that can have a tremendous impact on balance and quality of life.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:48:15 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.