Author Topic: Had my translab surgery for 1.5 cm AN on 8th October with Dr. golfinos  (Read 2312 times)

raji83

Best docs in the world. Removed 100% tumor and saved facial nerve... M so happy. Highly recommend these two docs. Dr golfino nd dr Rowland. First night after surgery was miserable but they handle you so well that you feel great. CSf leak is the only concern now. Wonder how commonly it happens nd wt can I do to prevent it

kmr1969

Re: Had my translab surgery for 1.5 cm AN on 8th October with Dr. golfinos
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »
Congratulations on the successful surgery.  Only thing you can do now is take it easy for a few weeks and listen to your doctors' orders.  I don't know of anything you can proactively do to prevent a CSF leak, but I'm sure if you do the stuff they tell your not to do - lift something heavy, sneeze with your mouth shut, push too hard when you are on the potty, etc. - that you can contribute to putting yourself through that complication.

I had a very minor leak when my stitches were first removed 7 days after surgery.  In retrospect I think we all rushed the stitch removal because the next day was thanksgiving and I was trying to fly home from LA to Baltimore.  Anyway, had to have just 2-3 stitches replaced and then had my head wrapped up for another 36 hours in those horribly uncomfortable pressure bandages.

When I had the stitches removed about a week later back home in Baltimore all was ok (thank goodness).

Good luck on a speedy and complete recovery.
2.7 cm AN diagnosed June 2012
Translab completed November 2012 at House Clinic
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far