Author Topic: AN w/MS...  (Read 2905 times)

frglvr73

AN w/MS...
« on: June 18, 2005, 09:51:27 pm »
I found out during an MRI that not only do I have an AN, but MS.  The MS was DX after a follow-up MRI two months later.  I was already scheduled for surgery to remove the AN, but the neurologist put a halt on it with the MS DX.  Is there anyone on here who has both also and can give me some advice?  I will be having surgery after the MS is 'under control'.  Thanks!

wanderer

Re: AN w/MS...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 07:53:57 am »
I'm sorry I don't have both,  buy my mom has MS and I have AN.   This leads me to my question for you,   Do any other members of your family have MS?

I have 4 people in my family with MS.  I am the second person to have a tumor of the nerve.

what symptoms are you having from the MS?  Is it relapsing remitting? 

frglvr73

Re: AN w/MS...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 09:21:18 am »
I am the only one in my family with MS and with AN.  With the MS I was having facial numbness, right hand being 'dumb', and this led to the CT scan and MRI's.  A couple months later the entire left side of my body went numb.  I have started med's, and now I am worried about the future surgery to remove the AN.  The tumor is 15 mm.  I do not know how the two are 'reacting' to each other.  I am worried that post-surgery reactions may be difficult to determine if it is the MS or if just post-surgery.