Author Topic: BAHA  (Read 2166 times)

MMusella

BAHA
« on: September 24, 2015, 12:07:42 pm »
Got my approval letter from my insurance they are covering the newest BAHA I'm am just waiting conformation with a date from my ENT!!! I'm 8 months post op and so ready for this !!! Any ideas or thoughts? (P.s. did call my homeowners insurance and found out that it is covered under that!!! So exciting )))Thank god for technology! !!!
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

Brewers7

Re: BAHA
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:30:24 pm »
How did you get it covered under homeowners?
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

MMusella

Re: BAHA
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »
I found out in Newyork State  (I don't know about other) that any implant device,hearing aids,etc is covered under yout hone owners, they just need a letter from company or doctor with make,serial number model and how much. ..I called and was told yes!!'alot of people do not know this..it covers water damage, if it's dropped and broke, accidentally stepped on?  So my health insurance pays for my first one and than if something happens,  it's covered! !  Definitely call or look into it!!!
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!