Author Topic: My second brain surgery is about a month away for an AN  (Read 3242 times)

Mikebo22

My second brain surgery is about a month away for an AN
« on: December 22, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »
Hello,

I played college football until I started having seizures back in the late 90s.  I had a lesion removed on my right temporal lobe.  In maybe the last decade I started to have really bad anexiety.  I sometimes get blurred vision, but mostly I feel like him having a heart attacks. 

A few months ago I woke up and thought I had swimmers hear.  Just felt like my left ear was popping.  Pretty soon I noticed hearing loss.  So with testing and an MRI they found a small AN. I think 12 mm or cm (can't remember which.  I just know they say it's snall).  I really want it out of my head.  They're going to do a middle fossa approach.  I guess my question to some of you that have had this done is....  Did you have bad panic attacks too?  Did they go away after?  No drugs have never controlled my attacks.  I eventually gave up on the drugs and just tough it out.   I really want my AN gone for the typical symptoms it causes.  I'd just be thrilled to know if it can kill two birds with one stone and maybe it being there so long without me knowing, that there's a chance it's been the cause of anexity.  Anybody???  Thank you for reading. 

ANGuy

Re: My second brain surgery is about a month away for an AN
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 08:08:35 am »
I am not a doctor and have no medical training etc.  I do not believe anxiety is related to AN's and I think you should pursue other sources of your anxiety. 
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

Mikebo22

Re: My second brain surgery is about a month away for an AN
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 08:54:00 am »
Well I've pursued everything.  It's gotta be physical.