Author Topic: Early Symptoms  (Read 4506 times)

tink

Early Symptoms
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:48:42 pm »
Hi Everyone
 I have just joined and do not have a diagnosis, still waiting for result from MRI without contrast.  I am from the UK and you know how it is the mind goes into worry mode, so just thought I would see what other people have experienced if you dont mind sharing your experiences.  Quick bit about me, I am 50  :( female and have SNHL in both ears which my consultant thinks I have had from an early age and have somehow been able to fill in the gaps until the last few years or so.  About 7 years ago I got tinnitus, and it got louder after a year and then last year it got even louder and now it does me in  :( it is on the right side only and this is the side that I have continually suffered with ear aches on and off.  I have hearing aids but can not wear them on the right side as they give me ear ache.  I also get ear ache if I go out in the wind.  My ear always feels full and I have random pain in it in my ear and behind and below.  I suffer from awful headaches (since the tinnitus went up) and the top of my head hurts on and off, like someone has pulled my hair hard and made my scalp hurt, it is just a small bit at the crown.  And more recently (last two weeks) my cheek, jaw line up to my ear and also a bit of my chin has felt slightly numb, which is slightly concerning.  I know I am worrying but just wondered if any of the above sounds familiar.  Oh I also have had two falls off the stairs, thought I was at the bottom when I was actually 3/4 steps up, but do not think I was dizzy and do not think it is related to my hearing and last but not least I am tired, so d*** tired but that just could be lack of sleep from the d*** tinnitus.  Anyway look forward to hearing from you all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:10:48 pm by CHD63 »

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Early Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:15:15 pm »
Hi tink and welcome to this forum .....

Some of your symptoms seem typical of an acoustic neuroma and others could be from a variety of other ear-related illnesses.

Please keep us posted on the results of your MRI and ask any questions you may have.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

keithmac

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:26:38 pm »
Hi Everyone
 I have just joined and do not have a diagnosis, still waiting for result from MRI without contrast.  I am from the UK and you know how it is the mind goes into worry mode, so just thought I would see what other people have experienced if you dont mind sharing your experiences.  Quick bit about me, I am 50  :( female and have SNHL in both ears which my consultant thinks I have had from an early age and have somehow been able to fill in the gaps until the last few years or so.  About 7 years ago I got tinnitus, and it got louder after a year and then last year it got even louder and now it does me in  :( it is on the right side only and this is the side that I have continually suffered with ear aches on and off.  I have hearing aids but can not wear them on the right side as they give me ear ache.  I also get ear ache if I go out in the wind.  My ear always feels full and I have random pain in it in my ear and behind and below.  I suffer from awful headaches (since the tinnitus went up) and the top of my head hurts on and off, like someone has pulled my hair hard and made my scalp hurt, it is just a small bit at the crown.  And more recently (last two weeks) my cheek, jaw line up to my ear and also a bit of my chin has felt slightly numb, which is slightly concerning.  I know I am worrying but just wondered if any of the above sounds familiar.  Oh I also have had two falls off the stairs, thought I was at the bottom when I was actually 3/4 steps up, but do not think I was dizzy and do not think it is related to my hearing and last but not least I am tired, so d*** tired but that just could be lack of sleep from the d*** tinnitus.  Anyway look forward to hearing from you all.

We have BANA in the UK for a Brit perspective concerning treatment etc.  I often suggest members there might consider joining ANA here in the USA to get the American perspective!  I'm a member of both associations, live in both countries, have one of the little buggers as my constant companion.

tink

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 01:57:39 pm »
Hi,
Thankyou for replying.