Author Topic: 6 year GK update  (Read 2661 times)

rupert

6 year GK update
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:00:53 pm »
Sometimes after treatment, it's common for people to get back to there lives and not think about their AN's near as much as pre-treatment.  Myself included.  As I was looking back on my posts I noticed that I visit more,  and post more when I'm getting ready for the next scan.  :D.  Hence, it's been 6 years now since my GK at UPMC and time for my 6 year follow up scan so I thought I'd share the results and in keeping the spirit alive,  try and answer any questions or comments if anyone has them if I can.
    I had the MRI on Tuesday in the same machine I was originally diagnosed in and have went to for all follow ups.  They know me well there. The AN continues to reduce in size,  down to 1.8cm x 1.1cm from the original 2.2cm x 1.6cm.  The report was again very abbreviated as I've already been diagnosed and they know UPMC is going to read it anyway.  I popped the disk in of course and compared images from years prior and it's obviously smaller and looks to be completely off the brainstem now.  I've had no neurological symptoms but, I do believe that is good news and has been noted on previous MRI's that it is coming off the brainstem.
    As noted the report wasn't much info. Basically it says that you have an AN,  you know you have it, it's been treated and looks a bit smaller.  Scans and report will now be sent to UPMC where they will give me a very detailed report and new follow up schedule.  I assume 3-4 years.  I'm happy with the results of this latest scan and am feeling good health wise.  Without sounding too cheeeesy  :D  I fully expected these results as I was told there was a 98% chance this  would be the case.   I will update the thread when I receive the full report back from UPMC.

mcrue

• Greg Mech
    • gregmech26
Re: 6 year GK update
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 06:04:49 am »
Congratulations on your fantastic results after all these years. Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone with AN's would achieve a similar outcome? I look forward to hearing about your next successful MRI.

Best wishes.
5/19/2015 - 40% sudden hearing loss + tinnitus right ear

6/26/2015 - AN diagnosed by MRI - 14mm x 7mm + 3mm extension

8/26/2015 - WIDEX "ZEN" hearing aid for my catastrophic tinnitus

12/15/2015: 18mm x 9mm + 9mm extension (5mm AGGRESSIVE GROWTH in 5 months)

3/03/2016:   Gamma Knife - Dr. Sheehan

Glupson

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:50:32 am »
Great! Happy for you & your good results.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:18:26 pm »
Congratulations!    I am so happy for your great outcome
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012