Author Topic: ANA Symptoms  (Read 3642 times)

Geminigirl

ANA Symptoms
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:20:09 am »
Hello,

I have been mostly lurking here with occasional posts. I am scheduled for an MRI soon as Mass Eye and Ear in Boston. I have moderate (low level) hearing loss in left ear. I am becoming very nervous and worried since I am experiencing intermittent pain on left side f my hear near my "bad ear." I was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom or has heard of it. I can usually relieve the pain with Tylenol. Still It is concerning.

Basically I am a nervous wreck. Can anything else cause this symptom?

Thanks,

Geminigirl

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: ANA Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:54:52 pm »
I'm guessing that there are lots of conditions that could explain your symptoms but trying to list them might make you more of a nervous wreck than you are now.  ;)

Meantime, I know it's tough, but there isn't anything you can do about anything until you have the MRI and get the results.

We've all been there.
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Patti

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:32:39 am »
Oh Geminigirl! There is nothing more nerve wracking than waiting for imaging results.  You start to think of all the bad possible outcomes.  Then you'll get the MRI and probably have some waiting for the results! I am currently in the waiting phase too.  I get my results on Monday.  Since the MRI 10 days ago, I have read two books, crocheted 2 scarves, seen 2 movies, done a lot of deep cleaning, journaled every day, exercise a lot, etc.  Every moment that I am not distracting myself, my mind goes right back to the tumor. But I've learned that keeping busy is the only way to keep my irrational fears at bay.  Thinking and worrying isn't going to change anything!  So you might as well do fun things!  Good luck to you and please keep us posted!  Patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

Geminigirl

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:38:39 am »
Thanks Patty. I am trying to keep busy but its hard to get it off my mind! Thanks fr the moral support. I wish you the best with your results!