Author Topic: So I got an AN and have a quick few questions about surgery  (Read 2316 times)

danemeyer

So I got an AN and have a quick few questions about surgery
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:31 am »
Its bout 15mm. Looks like I am gonna go with Sisti in NY. He said he wont do micro and only the gamma which i wasnt cool with until he called me and explained my hearing is toast either way for the most part.

My question is will the pressure on the ear go away? I can deal with the ringing if im stuck with that but it feels like my ear is always full. Over the past 3 years I have had so many ear infections and the hearing loss has been reduced significantly over the past 6 months. Really annoying 3 ENT doctors didnt find this over the course of that time to preserve my hearing and it was my kids pediatrician who suggested the MRI and found it but i guess thats life, no crying about it now.

thanks

Eddie

Re: So I got an AN and have a quick few questions about surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:45:18 am »
Hi,

I had surgery with Dr. Sisti about 3 months ago and he did a amazing job. 

The ear pressure/fullness went away over time for me (approximately 1-2 months after surgery). I can't really tell you when it went away, but i just thought about it one day and it been gone.

I'm not sure how GammaKnife's results will be for you as your AN is a lot smaller than mine and i went under the knife for complete removal, but you are in good hands with Dr. Sisit.
-July 2015 - Woke up with congested left ear and lasted about 2 weeks - then came Tinnitus
-9/16/15 - ENT doctor diagnosed with Tinnitus
-10/2/15 - MRI Scan reveals 2.4 X 2.4 x 2.2 cm AN
-12/8/15 - Surgery NYP Dr. Michael Sisti
-12/9/15 - 100% tumor removal all nerves saved :D