Author Topic: He Named Me Malala  (Read 2596 times)

Kristena

He Named Me Malala
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:52:38 pm »
Has anyone seen this movie? She is the girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban for going to school and speaking out for education for girls. Bullet fragments tore along her facial nerve and destroyed the bones in her ear. In the movie she talks about forgiveness and says, "I don't care that half my face doesn't work. I don't care that my eye doesn't blink properly. I don't care that I am deaf in one ear." She is such an inspiration! She speaks to political leaders and education activists and school children around the world.
2.7 cm meningioma in CPA and IAC
Retrosig June 2013 resulted in Facial paralysis and SSD
6-mo post-op MRI showed 1.0 cm remains in IAC
3-yr MRI still shows no new growth!
6/2014 Baha magnet implanted; 8/2014 magnet removed due to poor healing; 9/2014 abutment installed. Hearing fine!

ANGuy

Re: He Named Me Malala
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 03:08:55 pm »
I did not see the movie, but I am familiar with her story and very glad that my kids learned about her in school.  She is a hero in every sense of the word, not the least of which in how she has dealt with the physical destruction of her face etc.

Yes, what she has been through, and how she has chosen to live following it, is certainly an inspiration to us all and very relevant to those of us who may share some similar physical symptoms.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.