Author Topic: Tumor Removal Story, just wanted to share :o)  (Read 2561 times)

Dtyree04

Tumor Removal Story, just wanted to share :o)
« on: August 14, 2005, 05:22:15 pm »
HI,

Just wanted to share my husband's success story with anyone that might find it useful. 

He was 33 when diagnosed in February 2004.  His tumor was 3-4mm, yes very small compared to others.

After months and months.........and months of research, we decided on the House Ear Clinic.  Had several phone conversations with the doctors there and in September 2004, we flew from Virginia to Los Angeles, CA.  Everything went like clock work, the first day they did tests and lab work and we had consultations with Dr. Brackman, Dr. Hitselberger and Dr. Stephan.  All of them were wonderful people.  Don's surgery was the next day, his surgery was 3 hours long and they removed 100% of the tumor. 

Don did not suffer any facial paralysis or hearing loss.  We were in LA for 2 weeks, the Seton House was a wonderful and cheap place to stay, it is connected to the hospital and the accomadations are very nice.

Unfortunatley, Don lost most of his hearing in his surgical ear in December 2004, when he had his 6 month MRI in April 2005, it was decided that the hearing loss was due to scar tissue.  But he has adapted very well to the hearing loss.

We met many wonderful people at the House Ear Clinic, people were there from all over the states, even other countries were there for AN removal.

We even spent some time after Don recovered, seeing the sights of Los Angeles.  Hollywood and Malibu were awesome!

I just wanted to add this message, i have not been on this site for many many months and i know how dependent we were on everyones stories and advice on this site.  If anyone has any questions or wants more information, please feel free to email me at any time  Trezma1@aol.com. 

Good Luck to you!

Melissa & Don Tyree
Madison Heights, VA

russ

Re: Tumor Removal Story, just wanted to share :o)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:06:02 pm »
Hi Melissa
  Thanks for sharing hubbies story! Wow, long flight and quick operation at only 3 hours. Was it MidFossa?
  Sorry about the hearing loss. Many of us are there, but life goes on and one gets pretty used to it. Also, the outcomes could be a lot worse.
  Do take care in VA!
  Russ

Sam Rush

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 11:45:27 pm »
You may want to consider Baha surgery at House for single sided deafness. I had my AN removed on 11-22-05 w/ translab. approach. , excellent result, but loss of hearing is part of that operation. I work very well as a Medical Doctor w/ the hearing loss, but went ahead w/ BAHA surgery on 7-29-05, so far healing well.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

Sam Rush

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:47:52 pm »
obviously my surgery wasn't 11-22-05, but 11-22-04  Sorry!!
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05