Author Topic: Shout out to all UK AN patients!  (Read 4621 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Shout out to all UK AN patients!
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:02 am »
I'm heading your way!  I'll be in the UK from Dec 19 (pm arrival at Heathrow) and leaving on Tues, Dec 26 (Boxing Day). I'll be based in Shaftesbury-Dorset, but will be heading into Central London on (give or take) Dec 21.

Not sure where Tony, Derek and all are located, but if possible, would love the chance to meet in person and say hello. If you all are interested, please post here or send me PM.....

My dates are flexible as Cheeky Bloke (Iain) is working night shift and I'll be able to rail/tube by day while he is sleeping.

Hope to meet any of you during my visit.

Cheers!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Shout out to all UK AN patients!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:28:37 am »
Well, aren't you the little traveler!!!!  I'm jealous!!!!!!

Not in UK, but hope you have a wonderful time, God knows you deserve it (as we all do!!!)

Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:31:23 am »
Hey Nancy,

My first flight since my CK treatment and a little concerned about cabin air pressure now that I'm post treatment (long haul flight with 6 hr one way, 7 hr coming back).  Spoke to my dr's regarding my concern and I'm working it now.... will sleep as much as I can on the flights.. and keep myself hydrated.  I know marystro does the same with all her flights.  :)   I think we all need a vacation around here.

I got word that another good coast AN'er will be in the London area while I am there. I'm hoping we can put together a "the AN Yanks are invading the UK" get together..... :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:35:01 am »

Actually , I'm be in town then too!! .. at Marlow in Buckinghamshire.

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:36:46 am »
Ya know.... this is too kewl!

So, JoeF is staying at a GORGEOUS resort in the London proximity, I'll be in SW Uk but easy rail ride into Central London...anyone else game? 

Phyl

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:00:04 am »
Any room for me in a suitcase??   Hope all goes well with the cabin pressure, staying hydrated is a good idea.  I've got the titanium plates in my head, I was told I won't set off the security alarm at airports - anyone game to put me up??  lol

Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 02:06:02 pm »
OK, hatches battened down and loose gear stowed  :D

We can be in London from Lunchtime on the 20th through to Lunchtime on the 22nd, evenings can be difficult as the last train leaves London at 9pm.

Iain

Derek

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 06:02:39 pm »
Hi Phyl...

I am at the opposite end of the country and about 50 miles from the Scottish Borders!

Unable to make the London area on this occasion but would welcome the opportunity to meet up with you and the 'clan' in the not too distant future. Let us know the next time you are in town. Meanwhile enjoy your visit, have a great Christmas and very best wishes to you and Iain for the New Year.

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:57:52 am »
Derek,

If Iain and I can ever make it up that way, I'm sure he'll be in his tartan (have seen the clan tartan and oh, my!  Great colors!). Thanks for letting us know and have an IrnBru for me, ok? :)

Happy holidaze to you too!
Phyl

kat

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 09:18:42 am »
Hi Phyl

Sorry to say I will not be able to make it to London as much as I would like to since I will be all stressed out getting our home ready for Christmas with family ariving on the 23rd ! Enjoy your time in London and have great Christmas . Should you ever visit York I could get there in about one hour . It has good railconnections to almost everywhere in UK and it is a great little city .

Regards Kat   
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 01:58:25 pm »
Hi Phyl

Sorry to say I will not be able to make it to London as much as I would like to since I will be all stressed out getting our home ready for Christmas with family ariving on the 23rd ! Enjoy your time in London and have great Christmas . Should you ever visit York I could get there in about one hour . It has good railconnections to almost everywhere in UK and it is a great little city .

Regards Kat   

Kat, thank you so much!  Sounds like the UK gang is quite scattered about.  If I don't get to meet any of you, there will always be other trips over :) Thanks so much folks and JoeF..... you, my dear, if you all are around... maybe the Yank meets the Yank in the UK and takes it by AN storm? :)  Let me know if you are interested. I'll get you the phone number down in Shaftesbury.  Will still be traveling to Central London....

Phyl

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 07:15:08 pm »
London may never be the same  8)  :-X
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital