Author Topic: Newbie with 3.9 AN  (Read 9437 times)

Cheryn

• Cheryn from Southern California
Re: Newbie with 3.9 AN
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 03:20:17 pm »
I think we'll be fine. I'm thinking of having air bags installed until I get my balance back. My hair dresser asked if the doctor could "staple" a little flower to my shaved side..... :D  I'm terrified about the whole thing. They will need an elephant tranquilizer to get me there on the 19th but on the 20th I'll be on my way to recovery. I made the best choices I could and now I must trust that I have the best possible care and a strong determination to be back to normal (for a blonde)....
Cheryn from So California
5x9mm AN
Middle-fossa surgery at House Ear Institute, 8/19/05
Dr. House & Dr. Schwartz

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 06:19:26 am »
My AN story ....
   I had some hearing lost, some dizziness,and numbness my cheek ...my GP sent me for a MRI and I had shock of my life, I see the 4 cm AN pressing up against my brain. I ended up going to House in LA .. I live in CT. and I'm 40

Surgery was scheduled for Aug 9 , 2005.  On Aug 8. I Met with Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty. (and a BAHA too), I quote "the tumor was huge" from Hitselberger!! and took about 6 hours. These were all great Dr's and I would  recommend at least to send them an MRI for a opinion... I ended up staying at hospital longer than I thought (7 days) because the facial monitor "lost" signal before the surgery was over, which I come the find out later might of been a stoke !!!! (its hard to write my name and other signs of a stoke)

its been 6 weeks now and I feel little behind the curve with most of you here but I am coming around quickly. I still feel a little off balance (I not driving yet),facial issues (speaking not right), and dry eye (I use tape and laci-lube) , but other wise feel good !! and I started to work half days from home (I'm a programmer so I can most of my work via DSL).

I see progress every day with my facial nerve and balance issues, and think I will surprise them and how well I'm doing when I go back to HEI for a MRI checkup and BAHA on Nov 17 ..

Joe

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 04:29:45 pm »
I went back to read my old messages .. kinda fun and interesting ... those were dark days ... I actually seen some more improvement in my smile  ;D I'm getting there!!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

yoga52smh

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 05:39:53 pm »
Great Joef, I'm glad to see all the progress.  You looked great at the brunch.  Our bodies are amazing, in that I think they want to get back to normal as much as we want them to! Continue to improve.  Best wishes to you and all. I remember your post.  It's about the time I started reading this site faithfully almost every nite.

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas    :D   sue

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 06:30:47 pm »
   Joe,

I think this is so cool.
  To look back pre-surg, 8/05, then report back 9/05 -
      already starting back to work less than 1 1/2 months post op with a 4 Cm !!!
      & seeing where you're at now.

You always had a positive attitude pre, and post op !!!

Hey,   Glad to hear there's improvement in the smile,  YEEEAAAAH !!!!!
 (keep them positive facial vibes coming !!!!! ).

Take care Joe,     Nancy
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:12:03 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 03:31:23 am »
Joe,

Just got in from working. Can you believe it? Talk about wonky-headed! My deaf ear is ringing and vibrating non-stop.

I didn't realize that this thread was from your pre-surgery days. Now you're a vet! I bet it must be somewhat comforting to look back at those posts and know that the fear and anticipation is all behind you now. I didn't join this forum until 2 months or so after my surgeries so I don't have the archived memories. I just remember the ever-growing malaise and sickening fear that I went through.
   Catch you later. Time to sleeeeeeeeeep........

Paul

5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.