Author Topic: Mickeyland?  (Read 4003 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Mickeyland?
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:19:21 pm »
I'm thinking to trying to go to Disney for a day while I'm here in FL, but not sure how my wonkyhead would like it!!!!  Anyone else been there or a similar place post-op? I love coasters, but I think that's probably out for the duration. Guess I'd be stuck with the kiddie rides.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

matti

Re: Mickeyland?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 09:56:13 pm »
My doctor advised me to stay off the coasters.  Please promise that you will shout a good hearty AAAAARRRRRRRR on the POC ride.

No spinning Tea Cups either, I tried that once >:(

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:29:39 am »
Pinch Goofy's bum for me and stick with the "It's a Small World" ride.... you'll enjoy the sing-a-long! :)

Have a fab time!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:28:14 am »
The last 2 AN symposiums were at DisneyLand and then Disney World.     I went to both but did not go on any ride which I thought might bother me.              I did do Haunted Mansion at DW and one has to be careful there as the chair type thing you ride on does not stop but keeps on going as you get on and off and that did about make me fall.                The crowds bothered me a bit at times and I did some occ bumping into people but not too bad.              I would love to go back.                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Denise

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:37:29 pm »
I rode a chairlift type ride at the MN state fair the last two years, and i went on this ride that remains horizontal by moves in a circular motion (left then right until in a full circle). The chairlift thing was hard to get off, otherwise no problem.  The other ride, my nose ran like a faucet, ick. Otherwise it did not bother my head or cause any dizziness. When my nose started running, my son freaked out and said please tell me thats snot not brain fluid. (He was with me when I had the CFS leak.)
Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:33:26 am »
Pinch Goofy's bum for me and stick with the "It's a Small World" ride.... you'll enjoy the sing-a-long! :)

When I was 12 .. my parents and I went to Disney .. and we got "Stuck" in "its a small world ride" the the boat stopped in the middle of the ride which seemed like foreever (I think it was 30 min) ... all the time while listening the loud music of "its a small world". It drove us crazy!

** I still have nightmares about it  ;) **
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

redgrl

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 11:01:04 pm »
I wanted go on the go karts with my little one while in vegas but i felt really wobbly and my dry eye was acting up real bad.  :(
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

matti

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:11:16 pm »
Joef - same thing happened to us when our boys were little, they kept crying out "please mommy make them stop singing". I think we were stuck for 30 to 40 minutes and then of course you can't get that song out of your head for several days.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 03:04:15 pm »

LOL .. were you the boat behind me! ..1979/78 .. something like that .... I got it .. "its a small world after all" started the AN !  :D  :D
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 03:25:32 pm »
psssst, hey Joe! It was ME in the boat behind you! ;)

LOL .. were you the boat behind me! ..1979/78 .. something like that .... I got it .. "its a small world after all" started the AN !  :D  :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:10 am »
Oh Denise: your story made me laugh hard ;D and out loud- that low sick chuckle!  My husband and I have a new vocabulary now... ironic no?  Take care gang- Captain Deb Good luck in Mickey world- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys