Author Topic: Back in the Hospital with Blood Clots  (Read 2201 times)

Jeanlea

Back in the Hospital with Blood Clots
« on: October 05, 2005, 07:12:17 pm »
Hi All,

Last week I was feeling sharp pains in my right side so I went to the emergency room.  After hearing about my surgery they decided to look for blot clots.  After a CT of my chest that is what they found.  They sent me off to a room in the hospital for bed rest and medicine.  They gave me an IV with hepernin.  They also started me on Coumidan.  After 5 long days I was finally able to come home today.  Once again. 

Before I came home I stopped to have therapy.  I didn't lose too much, but no gains either.  At least the therapist told me about a patient he had several years ago very similar to me who made a complete recovery.  That was good to hear.

My eye is also beginning to see again!  I've started using "tears" during the day, think that is helping.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
Re: Back in the Hospital with Blood Clots
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:16:48 pm »
Sorry to hear you had more problems Jean but I am really happy to hear you are home and progressing well.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

luv2teachsped

Re: Back in the Hospital with Blood Clots
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:03:39 pm »
Jean:  So sorry to hear about your complications, but I'm glad you're back home.  You're still in my thoughts and prayers! ;)luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07