Author Topic: My Surgery is Over  (Read 3338 times)

Catflower

My Surgery is Over
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:43 am »
I got to come home yesterday.  I'm afraid I don't have very many positive things to say at this point.  They told me they were able to preserve my hearing and my facial nerve, but I can't hear a thing out of my right ear and the right side of my face is really sagging.

I'm bloated like a toad from the steroids and all of the antibiotics caused my Crohn's so kick up so I've had diarrhea since Friday.

Linda in WV

er

Re: My Surgery is Over
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:49:02 am »
Hello
I hope your recovery goes very well and fast. If they told you they preserve your hearing and your facial nerve, they probably did it is just the swelling after surgery, I sure hope so.
let us know what happens my prayers are with you.
eve

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:11:08 am »
Linda,  I know you are having an extremely rough time right now, but know that you are now a "postie" and time is going to heal.... hang in there and know I'm sending MAJOR healing huggles to you.  Hang tough!  I know you can!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:20:03 pm »
Hi Linda,  Bravo, you wrote already!  Rest Rest, Rest.  The swelling is a healing response.  I am glad you have good news about the nerves.  It takes some time for the delayed weakness in the face to go away.  Keep us informed, and be patient; be a good patient, too!

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:05:07 pm »
Catflower,
  I hope you're beginning to feel better.   Believe it or not you're doing well to be using the computer the day after to came home.  Know that things should improve rapidly from here, and get better each day.  Rest often and do a little somthing more every day.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 03:44:29 pm »
Hi Linda:  I can't believe you're on the computer already !!!!!   Glad all went well (though I'm sure you're having a rough time).  Like Boppie said, rest, rest & more rest.
              Wishing you all the best on your journey my friend,   Nancy

2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Catflower

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:30 pm »
Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words.  Today has been better than yesterday.

Linda in WV

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 03:28:39 pm »
Catflower:

So pleased to read your post and know that you came through the surgery O.K.   I trust that each day will being a bit more improvement for you. 

Can I say it yet again?  Time Heals.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.