Author Topic: can you give me any advice ?  (Read 2983 times)

grams 11

can you give me any advice ?
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:31:01 pm »
   i meant to mention i didnt have mri with contrast ,   just the mri and i dont sleep nights unless i listen to radio , the buzzing in my right is  quite loud at times , sorry to bother, but i do appreciate any ideas or  advice , it will probally be wait and see, when i see the dr, in toronto, as its so small now .     thanks    joan

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: can you give me any advice ?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:56:23 pm »
Joan:

Unfortunately,tinnitintus ('ringing' sound in the ear) remains an unavoidable aspect of an acoustic neurioma tumor - even small ones - and probably won't entirely disappear, even after treatment, which, in your case, will most likely be radiation.  The doctor may perscribe a medication to help you sleep.  Call and ask.  Try to stay positive.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:29:33 pm »
Hi,

You are no bother. That is what this Forum is here for...to help you and me and everyone else that grew this unfortunate thing in our head. >:(

I use a fan at night to help "even out" the noise.  Fortunatly, my husband doesn't mind. There are also other aids you might consider to help you at night when tinnitus can sometimes be the most annoying.  Here is a link for Oregon Health and Science University which has a Tinnitus Center. You might be able to find some answers to your questions here and they do offer items for sale that do help people.  This is not something I knew much about, nor did most of the people on this Forum...but we are becoming experts in this I think!! 

http://www.ohsu.edu/ohrc/tinnitusclinic/

Hang in there, kiddo.

Sue in Vancouver, WA USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:09:11 pm »
Hi Joan, I found that I could markedly reduce my tinnitus by keeping things quiet around me. No driving with the window down!- I wear ear plugs in the theater, while on the treadmil, or while out shopping. A good custom pair filters out noise but lets you hear people speaking normally next to you. Wearing one in my deaf ear helps because it keep the sound waves from vibrating my ear drum on that side. I too sleep with a fan on in my room-my hubby doesn't mind. Best wishes! Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!