Author Topic: Incorrect Spelling and Sentence Structure  (Read 2912 times)

BB

Incorrect Spelling and Sentence Structure
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:25:11 pm »
My spelling and word's seem to be getting worse instead of better.  Is there any hope for improvement?  Or is it no one knows the answer.  I've read a lot of the posts about this, but I haven't found anyone saying if there is anything to do for it.  I try to proof read over and over and e-mail only to look later and see so many mistakes.  Makes me feel like a child again in school trying to learn how to spell.  Any idea's?  BB

tony

Re: Incorrect Spelling and Sentence Structure
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:33 pm »
Yes - its the "cognitive" thing again
some folks find they are, or seem to be, quite confused
the brain seems to move at twice the speed of the body
Basically over time and with exercise it does get better
I find trying a slower more measured pace in speech
or writing is much less prone to errors
maybe best to avoid jobs where you have to think fast under pressure
- or trouble will never be very far away
The other tip is to make more notes as you go
- dont crowd the forward/recent memory
it gets overworked somehow
Best Regards
Tony

BB

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:57:13 pm »
I studied  so much before surgery about the cognitive issues's, but now I really understand.  Most of my job's I have done in the past have been very fast pace job's.  I guess that is a thing of the past.  I'm also a fast typist and that is another problem, but it makes me wish I would have chose another kind of surgery, but no going back now, just trying to fix what is broken as best as I can.  I know from reading on the forum you have had your share of problems.  Hope things are better for you.  I know when my stress level is up, things are worse also, but it's hard to keep the stress level down in our family right now.  Thanks again, BB

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 06:33:32 am »
Tony.....you have the best replies!  BB..........I have to use spellcheck and grammar tools all of the time now.  I used to write very nice letters and notes to friends.  Now I type them on the computer and check them before I write them on stationary or cards.  If my handwriting keeps going downhill...I'll be finding some fancy script and typing instead of writing!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT