Author Topic: The 4th of JULY Bang!!  (Read 2804 times)

Rc Moser

The 4th of JULY Bang!!
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:33:11 pm »
So, how many of us hid under a pillow while the fireworks were Going off!  Made my an side BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I went in the house and stuck my head under a pillow! :-[
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

Jeanlea

Re: The 4th of JULY Bang!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:19:51 pm »
The fireworks didn't bother me.  I think we were far enough away.  But I was plugging my good ear during the parade.  All those sirens were loud!

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Betsy

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:22:38 am »
So that's why my tinnitis got worse all of a sudden!!  Here in Pennslyvania, you can buy all sorts of fireworks (even in the grocery store!) so it was pretty much non-stop banging and booming all day Wednesday.  Yes...my neighbors even set them off during daylight hours.  Then when the official "show" started Wednesday night there was even more banging and booming.  When it was finally over and things were relatively quiet, I noticed the smoke alarm in my head was in the next room instead of the basement like it usually is.  Two days later, it's almost back to normal.  Must remember to take earplugs to the ballgame Saturday in case they have fireworks.

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

mema

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 09:09:22 am »
As I sat in my duaghters house, watching them get ready to do fireworks I noticed their dog sandy being anxious.  Made me remember how every dog we ever had went bonkers over fireworks.  So I did'nt even venture outside.  Me and sandy held our ears inside.lol       

meme
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

TP

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 02:42:29 pm »
Same here, I went outside and we had fireworks all over the place. It was very nice to watch but the sound of any loud noise just sorta ruins it for me. I had my 30th high school reunion last weekend the band was so loud I walked around with an ear plug in my good ear and just smiled at everyone, didn't engage in much of conversation!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 03:34:08 pm »
Firework noise isn't a serious problem for me.  For the sake of preserving what hearing I have, I avoid being overly close to where fireworks are being detonated, but at a reasonable distance, the sound doesn't pose any problem, especially as I only hear out of one ear, which muffles the sound to some degree.  I'm sorry to learn that some AN patients are bothered by the noise of fireworks, which is supposed to be part of the fun.   :(   Oh well, it's only once per year.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.