Author Topic: Pissed off !  (Read 5419 times)

neal r. lyons

Re: Pissed off !
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 02:16:26 pm »
Satman-I can't play a lick.  Somebody else stole the musical genes in my family.  I certainly can understand your frustrastion.  I can only echo what others have already said-things will improve.  These neuroma things seem to stir things up a bit what with our emotions and our naturally comparing our present situations with the past.  Here's a toast to you amd your recovery!  You may have to suck it up a little(not the Margarita) and learn to appreciate your new approach to learning what you already know.    Best wishes-Neal
AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

satman

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 03:14:50 pm »
Hi Captain Deb,         Rock on Jimmy Buffet  !!
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Caroll

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 01:45:47 am »
Hi Satman

How are you feeling now?  :)

I find that when I get pissed off like that I just have to find something else to occupy my mind.  Not always easy granted and takes a lot of practice too :)  Another thing I do is meditate - sometimes it is just better to empty your mind completely (again not easy to do either ;) )

I have no doubt your skills will return especially if you plug away at it each day - with just a little step each time.  Perhaps you might learn some slower pieces?  What style of guitar do you like to play? 

Caroll

satman

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 01:15:18 pm »
hi  carroll,normally i play heavy metal,i also play skynard,tesla,etc,etc...
after venting and drinking i feel pretty good,i have realized there is
nothing i can do about it,and just have to deal with it 1 day at a time [baby steps].
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 02:55:14 pm »
MARGARITAVILLE HERE I COME !

Funny you should mention Jimmy Buffett, Satman.  I am a die-hard Parrothead and his music has been helping me through my recovery - kind of my own personal music therapy.  While I was in the holding area prior to surgery, I was listening to Jimmy on my ipod and it really relaxed me.

Glad you're feeling better. You've been through a lot and venting is perfectly normal.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mykey

Re: Pissed off ! Guitarist for 35 yrs.
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 10:44:04 am »
Satman,

There are plenty of musicians on this support page. Some that make their livelyhood by playing. I think they will agree when I say "slow it down and allow yourself time to get full control of your hands again". Some of us "post-surgical musician types" have had to modify either the way they play or even their primary instrument (lead guitarist to bassist) for example.
My surgery was last April and I had many complications that kept my in the ICU for about 6 weeks. My right hand will not finger pick like it used to & when I use a pick to play a scale it tends to miss quite a few notes. But it is getting better and maybe one day (sooner than later) I will realise my playing is back to normal. Until then I'll just continue to go after it quietly, so the bad playing wo'nt offend my entire FAMILY.
You spent 17 yrs. getting better. Now your spending your time doing the same thing.

"GETTING BETTER"

Continue forward,
Mykey
Diagnosed  1/20/2007. Right side AN 2.5 cm
50yr, guitarist for 35 yrs.
Married w/10yr old son.
Translab 4/26/07 at Emory University performed by: Dr. Mattox & Dr. Olson
Surgery successful!
Extended time in ICU due to CSF leaks.

Obita

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 05:36:25 am »
Hi satman:

This was on our local news the other night.  This man did not have an AN but his story is much the same, starting
all over again etc....

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=256810

Keep working at it satman, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 07:34:41 am »
Ah ha, now I know what that sqeek sound was Deb! heard it from all the way down here.

Fair dinkum Satman, it'll come back to ya. bit of hard yakka and practice and you'll be fine

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz