Author Topic: First to meet the cheeky bloke!!!  (Read 2487 times)

Sheryl

First to meet the cheeky bloke!!!
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:45:40 pm »
What an exciting day today.  Phyl and her new hubby decided to take a mental health day and drive to Cape Cod where we live.  We met for lunch on Hyannis "Hahbah" and had a wonderful time chit chatting over fried seafood and humongous onion rings.  I definitely put my Weight Watchers meeting this Thursday on the back burner.  Considering that three out of the four of us have some sort of brain tumor (my hubby too), cheeky bloke took the conversation in stride!!  He has a loverly accent and is better looking than the pictures that have been posted.   :o
Sheryl
p.s.  Also great to talk to the other Cheryl and Cap'n Deb
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

matti

Re: First to meet the cheeky bloke!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:50:37 pm »
Was great to chat with you too ;D    Yes! the Cheeky bloke has a sexy accent ;)

Glad you all had a wonderful get together. I'm a WW member too and Thursday's are also my weigh in, hate to say it, but I've been on the back burner for a month now...help motivate me please!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 05:41:54 am »
Sheryl,

What an absolute thrill to meet you and that lovely spouse of your's!  Thank you SO very much for taking time to meet for lunch on the "hahbah" and oy..... all that seafood and onion rings... OMG!  :P  To sit outside on the deck over the water to watch the boats and such... you could not have coordinated a better day for us!  Thank you again (to you both) for "hosting" us at your "side" of the state.

BTW.... did find the "compound" and the dear Senator was there but out on his boat... and had a little "issue" with my car while searching for the Compound.... let's just say my rear bumper needs a *ahem* fine tuning... dang fire hydrant.  Do you think red paint goes well with my silver colored car? Oy.....  ::)

Was also great to check in with a couple of the gang... and as for WW...... sign me back up.  This time off for CB's arrival has totally killed my waistline... I am SO in trouble.

Sheryl, thank you again and will check in with you later.  You both look fab and what a terrific pair/couple you make.  Truly wonderful folks...

xoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:09:54 am »
Phyl - so sorry about your bumper - red will definitely go with your car and especially the Red Sox sticker!!  Please plan on coming down again - especially after Labor Day - it's our best kept secret - lovely weather, less traffic, and no charge at the beaches.  This also goes for anyone reading this.  We, too, enjoyed ourselves and you were a great help with your knowledge regarding decisions we BOTH have to make!!

Cheryl - I find that going to the meetings is an inspiration.  We have a 21-year-old who lost 72 pounds and her before and after pictures are unbelievable.  Also, if you go off plan (like eating award winning fried onion rings and clams), it's best to get right back on (easier said than done!!).  I think I've gained and lost 500 pounds over the years and even though I've tried everything, I always end up back at WW.
Good luck,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:11 am »
I'm so jealous!  Lots of boats and sexy British accents? Are we back in Antigua or Tortola or what?
It was great to phone-meet Sheryl and Larry and to hear that lil' stud muffin that Pearly Girly snagged herself. Ain't it great bein' around folks with brain tumors? Or ex-brain tumors? Phyll you missed a real treat in Philly, but I know you'll be there in Chicago in 2 years. After you stalked Kennedys you'll be able to help us stalk Oprah!

Smooches to the CB,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214s Cheeky Bloke

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:51:27 pm »
It was wonderful to meet Sheryl and her husband, thank-you very much for suggesting such a wonderful place for lunch, even if I nearly did stab myself in the face with a fork full of food, as they carried a cabin cruiser past the tables one floor up, not a sight to be seen too often in the UK ??? I'm looking forward to a return visit.  :)

Yes my dear darling better half did get her car attacked by a bright red fire hydrant, not too sure what she did to provoke it  ;D

I hope to be meeting more and more of you as time goes on  :o :o

Sheryl

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 07:43:17 pm »
LOL -
we forgot about the dry docked boat making its way across the parking lot without the trailer being seen!!  It was just about level with our second floor outdoor eating area - quite a sight!!
Keep an eye on that wife of yours - hopefully after fire hydrants; street signs and lamp posts won't start to go after her.

Take care,
Sheryl