Author Topic: Anyone ever experience this??  (Read 2838 times)

kelleygirl24

Anyone ever experience this??
« on: October 02, 2007, 10:37:31 am »
OK...this may be completely off topic of ANA BUT, so I had the WEIRDEST thing this morning. I was driving in my car...and out of nowhere, I got this burning sensation. Started either at my neck or behind my ears and just spread like wildfire down my upper back and across both arms. And holy cow where my ears burning. I thought I MUST be breaking out in a rash or some nasty hives....cause it felt like a HORRIBLE sunburn that hurts to touch and tingles. It let up after a few minutes, no rash no nothing....although my skin still feels a little sensitive. That was just WEIRD. I blow a lot off...but dang..that was uncomfortable. And I'm too young to be having hot flashes if that's what one feels like!! LOL! Ack, I hope that doesn't happen again. Anyone ever felt anything like that??

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Anyone ever experience this??
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:13:39 pm »
Sound like a hot flash to me! I had em at 45 or so, but rarely. Better check with your doc if it happens again

Capt Deb 8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:16:15 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

kelleygirl24

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:35:39 pm »
Ugh...but I'm only 24....don't think that's old enough for hot flashes....ack!  :(

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 03:40:58 pm »
No!!
24 is not too young.  I had major hot flashes each time I was pregnant.  How is your blood pressure and sugar levels?  If it happens again call the dr.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

kelleygirl24

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:13:19 pm »
Blood pressure is usually good (havent checked it in a while but normally like 100/65....I know 120/80 is normal. and it's usually well below that. I think my lowest reading was 94/60. And I've never had my blood sugar checked. I guess i"m just turning in to an old lady too fast...LOL! JK! :'( :P

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 09:02:14 pm »
Kelly girl,

Ok  OK reading you post is taking me back in time.

I started to have facial flushing, pain between my shoulder blades and ringing in the ears in all together (at once) episodes. I won’t even start on when I went to my PCP and all my blood work came back normal he said I should see a “stress therapistâ€?. He would not refer me to an ENT. Typically AN’s are slow growing. AT age 44 I FINALLY had a 4cm (no not 4mm) discovered – not leaving me many  treatment options open - with the late discovery. If we do the math on growth rate this started in my teens… you are 24. I remember my ears ringing at age 24.

I am going to be a bossy mothering type here… Kellygirl do not repeat my mistakes but learn from them. You have a family history of NF2 (this does not mean you have this however…) Just get yourself an appointment with and ENT and get an MRI done. It will give you peace of mind. The fear of the unknown is stressing you out here… yes?

Kiddo -Please take care of yourself and see and ENT dr.

'4' (aka ‘bossy mom’)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 10:03:39 pm »
Kelly -

IMO, it's possible you could be peri-menopausal.  I was "lucky" enough to go through "the change" at the ripe old age of 34.  If this continues, you might want to consult your OB/GYN.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
Hi Kelly, I've experiemced that feeling-once before and a couple of times after my surgery. The one that happened before surgery also made me feel like I was going to faint for a few seconds. After surgery I just assumed it was my nerve endings healings post op. I'm 44 so I guess it could of been peri meno hot flashes?

Best wishes, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

MStout

• Be kind to everyone
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:30 am »
Kelly,

I had that happen several times after surgery, but I just figured it was hot flashes.  I recently learned that the body's temperature control is right where my AN is - so maybe that's the reason.  Have you been on steroids at all?

Martha
Martha