Author Topic: Back and recovering nicely.  (Read 4524 times)

Charlotte Lady

Re: Back and recovering nicely.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 11:59:27 am »
"Horriable, horriable, horriable, feel like I've been clubbing for about 3 weeks, trying to ignore it but its not easy, why is it that the more noise there is the louder the ringing becomes?"

I was wondering that myself.  My guess is that not all of the auditory nerve is gone, but not enough remains to make sense of the bands of sound you still get.  I "hear" that I'm vacuuming or mowing the yard but it's not recognizable.  I also use an ear plug.  Got them at the pharmacy.  The strongest level is 32.  There's a weaker one in the 20's that I use for casual groups.  My friends all know what the deal is.  It's is kind of funny to put an earplug in my deaf ear.  Without them, my ears ring like crazy!

4's right on about the eyes.  Keep 'em wet!  I use an over-the-counter artificial tear (active ingredients: dextran 70  0.1% and hypromeliose 0.3%).  They've been a Godsend.  Now if only I could figure out what to do about my eye crossing!

donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
Re: Back and recovering nicely.
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 08:46:25 am »
SO glad you are home!  Like others have stated, you will see improvement in certain areas.  I had that numb feeling too!  It did go away.  Sometimes I get a phantom weird-numb feeling, but that's it.  I hope yours gets even better than mine!
Keep us updated!