Author Topic: betcha didn't know  (Read 2655 times)

Raydean

betcha didn't know
« on: November 20, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »
that there are angels among us,  AN angels, who  happen to be members of this forum.  Sometimes we try so hard to see heavenly angels that we overlook our earthly angels.  I want each of you to know how thankful, lucky, blessed I am that each of you are a part of my life.  Please know that I love you all and truly appreciate everything. I am amazed at how busy you all are!!!  I received the package and words really fail me.  It's just beautiful both in thought and design.  When the happy tears stop I'll work on a place of honor. 

Hugs and Love
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

matti

Re: betcha didn't know
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:56:57 pm »
That beautiful AN angel would be Michelle/battyprincess  ;D  It was her brilliant idea and hard work that made your beautiful memory quilt. 

We love you Raydean!

Thank you Michelle!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 09:21:53 pm »
Yes, what a great job Michelle did on the quilt. Thanks so much for putting it together Batty.

Raydean, you and Chet were in our thoughts as we each made our square that Michelle mailed to us. The intent was to make sure you knew your AN family is there to comfort you.

HUGS
patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 09:29:54 pm »
I tried to post a picture of it but couldn't. I did email one out if you didn't get an email and want to see what it looks like shoot me an email and I'll pass the photo on.

It was definitely made with love and good intentions.

M

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 09:58:20 am »
Ta Daaaaaaaaa!

We Love you Raydean and we all loved your dear sweet Chet as well. All of us who participated in the quilt benefited more than you know from the wealth of love and strength the both of you have had through the years. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It has been an honor to know both of you, even if we have never set eyes on each other.

Big hugs and much love,
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 02:18:43 pm »
That is so beautiful.  I wish my Auntie Ronnie (Veronica) was alive.  She lived to be 90 yrs and 10 mths.  She was an award winning quilter.  She lived in Sterling Heights Michigan.  The last item she quilted was a quilt for her 10th great granddaughter.   She finished it and flow to Packwood Washington to see the baby, stayed a month, returned home and lived another 6 months before she passed on fron cancer.  She was my very last Aunt to pass on.  My mom, dad and all of my aunts and uncles are gone.  She's so special. 

She would visit us here in Ont Canada during the fall fairs just to get quilting ideas.  She was like a grandmother to my boys.  She spent her last Canadian Thanksgiving with my family.  Her two daughters and daughter-in-law, were here also.  It was one of the best Thanksgivings I've have had in many, many years.  My son Anthony # 3 of 4 just loved her.  She quilted the bumper pads, pillow and blanket for my babies.  I would have loved to emailed her the picture of the quilt.  Yes, she had a lap top and emailed me at least once a week.

Once again, the quilt is very beautiful.  I'm putting in a request, if I have the nerve graft done I would love a quilt.  I would love to start this as a tradition to those who would like to participate.  I do not know how to quilt but I'm willing to learn.  Let me know what you experts thing?  Is this too much of an undertaking?

What a marvelous idea....so beautiful and so meaningful.  Such talent!!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 05:01:56 pm »
Thank you AnneMarie.
It was my first attempt at making a quilt. Honestly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought after I got the concepts down. Everything was done by machine (no handstitching) so was not difficult. Trying to collect squares was the hard part. I've seen quilts you can buy at JoAnn's that are done except you sign the squares, draw etc...I think they were around 50.00 and smaller than this one. Had one with a pirate edging is probably the only reason why I noticed it.

M

cookiesecond

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 08:58:37 pm »
Michelle,
I loved the quilt!!! I really love stuff like this and am sure it will alway mean a lot to Raydean.You guys did a great job.
A friend just told me about a tablecloth her family did for her mother in law. The family members wrote things with a pencil on the table cloth and then a family member embroidered it and when she washed it the pencil washed out. Ijust love personal stuff like this. I am having memory bears made for my daughter's from their grandaddy's shirt. He passed away several years ago and they were very close to him.
Anyway, the quilt was a great idea and I appreciate your thoughtfuness.
Have a great week,
Lynn

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 09:32:02 am »
Raydean, regardless of distance and/or time, the heart sends you LOTS of huggles..... May it bring warmth to you as it did to me, knowing the wonderful lady that receives it will hold it dear to her soul.  :-*

Michelle, special thank you to you and your mum.... truly.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"