Author Topic: Goodbye to all .  (Read 3027 times)

satman

Goodbye to all .
« on: December 31, 2007, 11:43:14 am »
thanks for all the support through all the bad times.
I have become addicted to this forum and it is time that I distance myself and try to move on.
I will always hold a special place in my heart for each and everyone of you.
If you would like to stay in touch my e-mail is
jdf24@hotmail.com.
                                                    love to all and god bless
                                          I will drop in from time to time,but shall
                                                     remain silent.
                                                                        Satman   [John]
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

sgerrard

Re: Goodbye to all .
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:05:03 pm »
John,

I think we all understand that moving on is the big goal for all of us. Best wishes for 2008 and beyond.

I do hope that you drop in on the forum occasionally. When the next really tough case crops up, as it inevitably will, your experience as someone who has "been there, done that" would be invaluable, and could make a big difference to someone. And a quarterly update on your own success would help remind us all that it can be done.

Thanks for having been here.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »
Hi, John:

Good-bye - and thanks for your input.  You'll be missed - but I can understand your rationale for leaving this forum.  At some point, we all need to move on with our lives.  I wish you all the best as you go into the future.

I've often considered leaving this forum but I always decide to stick around 'just a little longer' as I feel I can still contribute and offer some advice and encouragement to others, especially the newly diagnosed.  I was fortunate to have had a good outcome from a large AN, surgery and radiation.  I want to use my positive experience as an example to those who come here racked with fears and worries.  Too many AN patients simply 'disappear' almost immediately after their treatment, especially if all goes well. I've gained much from this website and the people who post on the messageboards and I felt that I wanted to reciprocate in some way.  However, I've often stated here that I have no intention of making my AN (now gone) the focal point of the rest of my life.  At some point in the future, I'll also be saying 'good-bye' here.  Just not quite yet.   ;)   Bon voyage, John.  Thanks for being a part of the 'family'.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:12:13 pm »
John,

Good luck in furthering your recovery!  I agree, it would be nice to see you back after you pass this next hurdle.  I've stepped back a couple of times, but always cruise by and inevetably answer a post here and there.  I'm no longer "addicted", but still feel the need to give back when I can as I was given so much when I was new.  And we're always here if you have one of those "what was that?" moments!

Be Well!!!

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 06:22:05 pm »
Good luck and be well.  I'm happy for you to step away from the computer.  Go out and get busy living your life.  Actually I hope you don't see this.  It would mean you came back!

Donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:33:32 pm »
Satman Super 8 you are awesome!

Keep moving forward and Happy New Years 2008!

HUGS,

P.S. And for goodness sake don't eat so many worms this upcoming year! ;)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

pattibobatti

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:18:27 pm »
Happy New Year, John,

I think many of us have felt addicted to this forum.   I did.  And, like you I decided to back way off.  I did that, too. 

But, because this AN thing has been such a huge and life changing event in my life, I found myself wondering what everybody was doing on the forum....  I found out that I did need to connect again, just differently.  I took some time and got away from thinking about the forum and my issues so much.

Now, I mostly read the posts.  I sometimes add something, but mostly I just read.....

Take all the time you need.  Hey, you know I'm just down the road!!! 

Love, Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

marg

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 01:29:32 pm »
You will be missed John.  May 2008 be a year of growth and strength for you.  I think it is a good idea to get away for a while... been thiniking about it myself for a bit.  Maybe not logging on every day -as I have been since June.... but since I am still in somewhat beginning stages of recovery (especally with facial paralysis)  things keep happening that I have questions on.... and this is a good place to come ask.  I get more help here than I do from my neuorsurgeon.... but recovery is not his area ...surgery is.
   Thanks for all your help John.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 02:05:08 pm »
Wishing you all the best on your journey.   Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 02:26:44 pm »
All the best Satman! We're here for you whenever you want to check in! Some of us just never seem to leave!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 03:03:20 pm »
Satman -

I say goodbye with regret.  While I can certainly understand your feeling that you need to move on, I hope you will change your mind and continue to frequent this forum.  You have been through more than the majority of us and your experiences and input have been (and will be) so valuable to others with ANs.

I wish you the best and hope to see you here again soon,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mema

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 04:38:17 pm »
John,                                                                                                                                                                                           

I remember how it felt at the time of our goodbyes  when I moved 1100 miles from family .  Thats how I feel now or whenever one of our AN family moves on.  As families we still visit each other.  I hope you pop in on occasion.                                                                 

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

TP

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »
Satman - God bless you and your family. Happy New Year! I will miss your posts! I've enjoyed reading them and have learned a lot.
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

candtlaw

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 09:25:16 pm »
Good luck to you..... I wish you all the best..... take care.
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 06:13:57 pm »

Goodbye and good luck, sometimes to be able to move on we have to let go of what we're holding onto, I hope you continue to recover and become stronger.

pop in from time to time, occasionally you do need to remind yourself how it was before you got better, just to make you realise that although you may have difficulties throughout life they'll never task you as much as the one you had, use it to remind yourself how much strength you have.

Take care and best wishes for your future.

Cheryl XxX  :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.