Author Topic: Burning pins and needles  (Read 4135 times)

mema

Burning pins and needles
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:57:27 am »
I know through the years of my life on occasion getting a pins and needles feeling in my head for a moment.  Just recently I have been getting a burning pins and needles feeling in my head.  All over.  The top, the left side, the right side.  It moves.  I was told I have nerve spasms in my head since radiation, but this feeling is completely different. Its a burning feeling.  Anyone ever experience this?

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Burning pins and needles
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:20:23 pm »
Hi Mema,

Well, I've had a lot of weird sensations in my head since CK..... but, mostly I attribute it to over indulgence of chocolate/caffeinated coffee :)

I get the occassional facial numbness on opposite side of my AN treatment, I get sharp headpains (potential ice pick migraines... see thread in Headache forum for that one!), I really don't get pins and needles... immediately post CK, there was a weird feeling of "burning", although my head was not burnt. 

for me, I just attribute some of this funk to being part of the process... as weird things can occur and not be ruled out (ie: Individual results may vary).... Of course, if anything persists that warrents attention, please consult with your dr right away.

Hang in there! :)
Phyl
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:27:22 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 02:32:42 pm »
Hey mema: I don't get pins and needles per say, but more ache in left ear that ironically goes way when I use nasal spray - also throbbing along left jaw line.... I've been doing a combo of asteline and nasonex.  I still get some back of the head stuff, but I think it is like Phyl says too much caffiene- my drug of choice.  When I drink lots of water, sensations tend to go away.

Take care of yourself- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:34:37 pm »
Annie, you have been missed around here! thrilled to see you!  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sefra22

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 02:48:14 pm »
I know the sensation you are talking about. I get it whenever Ieat food with pepper on it. I'm the only person I know that this happens to. It happens only on the top of my head. Needless to say, I avoid pepper!
Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

mema

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:15:46 am »
Thanks all for your responses.  Phyl I an scheduled for the neuro Feb 6th.  I don't take much caffiene, but I do notice a glass of wine increases alot of my symptoms.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.