Author Topic: I would like you to meet my son!  (Read 7091 times)

OMG16

Re: I would like you to meet my son!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 02:59:58 pm »
K you know how I feel about you!  I'm am a better person just by know you.  You are beautiful and the confidence and love shows through in your pictures!  You are indeed perfect in my opinion and I would not change anything about you!  :-* 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »
What's all the fuss about? I don't see this "hotty hunk" stuff, I just see a "fine young man", as we older men would say.  ;)

It is great that you and your husband, and Not-So-Baby-Pumpkin, are at a point where you can share this picture with us. The healing is happening, may it continue every day.

All the best,

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

OMG16

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 08:10:52 pm »
I agree Steve I do not see the "hotty hunk" stuff either.  I to see a "fine baby pumpkin who is turning into a young man".

We are indeed healing everyday and it feels so good to let it all go and move on with my new friends.

I have read all of your posts to him and he did enjoy them so much!  Thank you guys you made his day.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Denisex2boys

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 08:26:10 pm »
What a handsome boy you have there!  I hope my two grow up to be just as handsome and clean-cut as your son!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

jerseygirl

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »
OMG,

You have a very handsome young man here! You also have a wonderful son!

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

danijake

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 12:22:31 am »
OMG,

He is very handsome. You are so lucky that he still lets you call him your "baby pumpkin". My son is only 9 yrs old and he hates it when I call him "sugarplum", even in private!!! You are truly blessed!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 10:29:48 pm »
Definitely a cutie patootie. 

Sue in Vancouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lorenzo

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
geees... some guys are just lucky. :)  He certainly looks and sounds like a wonderful 'kid'!
Ciao, Lorenzo

PS I mean 'lucky' in the way he looks and with his family! of course...)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:29:08 am by Lorenzo »
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

AROBTEK

• Annette (arobtek)
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 07:26:29 am »
Hi 16,
I have to agree with everyone, you have a fine looking young man for a son.  Nothing makes a mama as proud as a looking at her child and thinking- you know, he/she turned out pretty well!!

I know how that feels.  I have a 31 yr old son who turned out to be a very nice and loving young man in spite of all the battles we had during his teen years.  Our 28 yr old daughter is also a great source of pride. 

Your son has been through a lot for one so young.  It will make him a stronger man.

God Bless you all!

Annette   :-*
2.6 cm AN L side
Diagnosed 12/10/07
Surgery date: 1/24/08
Dr. Doug Mattox & Dr. Jeff Olson
Emory University Hosp. - Atlanta

OMG16

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 12:35:44 pm »
Denise thank you he is clean cut and I never thought of him in this way.  For his 18th B day he wanted a Tatoo and we were against it and thought he should wait and really think about it since it is permanant once it is done.  He told my husband and I he had thought about it for almost a year and he wanted to get one.  He went on to tell us that he wanted to get St Michael slaying a demon and that it represented the fight he was going through and winning.  Well of course I cried and we could not tell him no and he now has a tatoo that reminds him on the bad days that he is still fighting the good fight.

Eve thank you.  You also are a wonderful person.

Dani I love it you call him SugarPlum.  Don't worry when he was about 9 he was the same way.  I am blessed!

Sue thank you.

Lorenzo you didn't need to add the PS I knew what you meant.  He is a wonderful and he does have great parents if I don't say so myself.  ;)

Annette I am very proud of the young man he is.  We were very lucky as we did not have to go through the teenage rough teenage years as most have.  We instead went through the biggest life lessons and came out on top.  Your children sound wonderful and I look forward to the upcoming years with my son.

His self esteem took a big hit after his surgery and the stroke so this post has been great for him!  All of you have helped me see that my precouis Baby Pumkin is indeed a young man.   :-* 16